|10| Deadly Magician

|First Person POV|

A piercing scream woke me up

A piercing scream woke me up. Some fool was going on about his missing arm - or leg - or was it both? Who the fuck knows, I didn't care. I banged my fist against the right side of my cell and the screams stopped.

I growled and stood up. My hair was limp as there was no time to shower last night. I quickly did so now, hoping to rid myself of the fifth Chrollo inflicted upon me with his presence.

As I scrubbed my skin red and raw, I suddenly remembered Ki. I should probably check on her. I finished showering and changed in record time. For the first time in a long time, I was concerned about another human being. I found it interesting that these emotions were so warm and fluffy.

I stepped out to the 200th floor and knocked on my own door. Nice - I chided myself mentally - you have a key too you know. Before I could berate myself more for being an idiot, the door opened with a slow creak.

I looked down and prepared my face into a jolly closed eye smile - god knows the poor girl could do with some cheering up. There was silence - I was not greeted by a laughing child, nor a sobbing child. There was no child anywhere. Instead, as I slowly opened my eyes from their squinted smile, I screamed.

I had been staring at a man's crotch this entire time - a man dressed only in a towel. For some reason, there was a certain area that seemed rather - stiff?! I jumped back and started to apologize profusely.

That's when I checked the door number, and caught sight of his familiar fuchsia hair.

"Hisoka!" I screeched, throwing my cloak over him for modesty. "What the actual fuck are you doing here?"

"Well, you did tell me you'll be waiting for me on the 200th floor... Here I am~" Hisoka smiled, completely unfazed.

I stormed in, hoping to find Ki in the main room. The bed sheets were crumpled - someone had slept in them, but it didn't seem to be a child. I narrowed my eyes at Hisoka and almost choked.

He had tossed my cloak down, and the glistening water droplets still on his chest did not help me in concentrating. He chuckled seeing my reaction.

"And what are you looking at, hmm?"

Something strange happened then, something I thought I was incapable of - I blushed. I fucking blushed. I narrowed my eyes further, until they were nothing more than mere slits.

"N-nothing!" I said. My voice coming out in an embarrassingly high squeak. "Have you seen a little girl here?"

"Hmm? Ah, there's someone hiding out in the closet, if that's who you -"

I rushed forwards before he could finish his sentence. I found Ki lying among a pile of blankets - blood had been dripping down her nose, but the blood was dried up now. I sighed.