Chapter 8

Matt and I spent the day in each other's company, which was perfect. That's how we spent the majority of the week, which I needed because when I was around Matt I felt completely at ease. I spent part of Monday with Brian, and the other part of it with the rest of the guys. It really was nice being able to call this crazy gang of people my friends. That night when we were all together I suggested tot he guys that we should all get together on the eve of Thanksgiving and play games and bake pies and cookies and what not for dinner the next day. It was a tradition my family and I had always kept.

"That actually sounds really fun" Zacky replied to my suggestion.

I smiled in response, " We can all meet here, wednesday night" Matt agreed.

"Deal" Brian smirked, "I'm ready to get my game on"

"I'll show you game" Jimmy retorted.

"or will you" I raised my eyebrows. As I did so he punched me lightly in the arm.

The night ended soon and the guys went home. Matt and I were left alone, sitting on the deck off the back of his house. It was cold out, but being under the stars brought serenity to the moment.

Matt wrapped his arm around me and kissed the side of my head lightly.

"I'm really glad you're here" He mumbled.

"I'm really glad i'm here too" I smiled as I gazed into his hazel eyes. His mouth formed into a smile that revealed his adorable dimples.

"It sucks that you have to go back to Boston on Saturday" Matt groaned as he looked out into the distance. I glanced up at him, he had a serious expression on his face.

"I don't want to go back" I mumbled, "it isn't exactly fun being alone in my dorm room, and studying at all hours of the day"

I rested my head on his shoulder as I poured out my thoughts to him.

"Don't you have a roommate?" He questioned.

"Yeah" I rolled my eyes at the thought of Josie.

"So, are you friends with her?" Matt persisted.

"Nope" I said popping the 'p', "She accused me of cheating on you with Brian and a whole bunch of other bullshit"

"Oh" Matt said plainly.

"Yeah, so I avoid her at all costs" I shook my head, "It's not how I want to spend my days"

"Then don't go back" Matt looked down at me.

"I have to" I sighed.

"Say's who?"

"No one, but I have to go to college, I might as well go now. Bedsides, four years goes by fast" I looked into his eyes as I spoke, sadness swept across his face as the words 'four years' rolled of my tongue.

"You don't have to go to college Morgan, I didn't go to college, look how I ended up" Matt chuckled proudly.

"But I do because a) I don't see myself becoming a world renowned rock star anytime soon and b) it's what my parent would of wanted and I live to make them happy." I admitted to him. His face lightened a little, as he pulled me into a hug from the side.

"I understand" Matt whispered.

We sat out there for a while, enjoying each others presence. Matt kept his arms around me and I stayed resting my head on my shoulder until I started dozing off. Matt noticed so he picked me up and carried me up to his room to go to sleep.

~~~

At some odd hour of the morning I woke up randomly and couldn't get back to sleep. I tossed and turned then Matt started snoring so I gave up. I slowly pulled myself out from under the covers and Matt's embrace. I walked over to my luggage and grabbed my blue journal out of the front pocket, I grabbed a pen as well and opened to the first blank page I found.