Chapter 24

I spent a couple of hours laying there in Matt's embrace. Feeling his chest rise up and down with each breath. Feeling his heart beating and his arm tighten around me ever so often as if he was afraid to let me go. I held his hand because I was afraid of just that. After having a relationship that was so up in the air for the past couple of months, this was ideal. Although the setting wasn't, I suppose you can't have everything.

Around eleven at night one of the nurses came in to change Matt's IV and check his vitals. She told me that I had to leave to let Matt rest. Matt was reluctant to let me go, but I knew it was for the better that he got his rest. I quickly pressed my lips to his as Ioved out of the bed. As I pulled away he pressed his lips to mine for a brief moment before muttering, "I love you"

"I love you more" I whispered back.

I walked out the door, through the now rather quite hallway and into the lobby.

I sat down next to Brian.

It wa inevitable that one of them would ask me something about my visit with Matt.

Instead a question arose about whether or not we should call it a night and come back in the morning or crash at the hospital.

After getting a small bag of clothes together from my carry on luggage in Brian's car, I convinced the nurse to let me crash on the chair next to Matt's bed.

The guys all agreed that they would be back at the hospital no later than 7am, and we parted.

Staying here was the least I could do for Matt. He did the same for me when I was in the hospital.

Besides, if I did go to someone house it would have most likely been Brian's and I do not want to know how that could have turned out.

Sleeping in a chair was not fun; to say the least.

I noticed matt tossing and turning a little, and when he opened his eyes they met mine.

"Morgan?" He mumbled.

"Yeah" I answered, leaning towards him.

"You stayed?"

"Of course"

"You didn't have to."

"It's the least I could do," I smiled, "I couldn't just leave you here alone."

"Well then this is the least I can do," Matt said as he made room for me to lay down on the narrow hospital bed next to him.

I climbed in and comfortably rested my head on his shoulder.

"Are you even tired?" Matt whispered.

I turned towards him and replied, "no."

"Good, cause neither am I," he said as his arm tightened around me.

"I got a good thirty minutes of sleep in that chair. I think that will ride me over for the day"

Matt laughed at my comment.

I enjoyed that laughter. His laugh made me melt. It was perfect. I could listen to it all day

"I'm really glad you're okay," I choked out, through some tears.

"I'm glad I am too," Matt half laughed, "but you were the first person I thought of when I saw that car coming at me. I knew I had to make it out alive for no one else but you."

I was speechless. His arm, yet again tightened around me, pulling me closer to him. In this moment, there was nothing that I wanted more. I felt safe, I felt protected, I felt at ease, and most of all I felt happy.