Chapter 5: Vampires?

Amber POV:

I quickly pull down the oversized shirt I was wearing and I stand up. Luke pulls up he basketball shorts and stands up as well, slightly in front of me in a protective stance.

"Mom...wh-what are you doing here?"

"Just checking up on my youngest son. What do we have here?"
I push my curly long hair out my face as Luke steps aside.

"This is Amber. She is my bound." He says confidently. I still don't know what a bound is but I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later.

His mother stares at me for a second too long and shakes her head. "That's impossible. She's just a mere human."

I open my mouth to question what she just said but I'm met with Luke's red eyes letting me know that right now isn't a good time for questions.

"No. It is possible because I'm in love with this girl." He says with no hesitation which makes me gasp.

White boy say what?

"Luke can we talk in private for a second." His mother says and soon they both walk into the dining room.

His mother is gorgeous, she must be around late 40's or early 50's. Her hair is styled in a bob and is black with gray and silver here and there. Luke has all her features except her nose and her eyes. Her eyes are blue. What lovely genetics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke's POV:

Me and mom walk into my dining room and I sit calmly in one of the mahogany chairs while she continues to stand.

"Son she's a human-"

"I'm going to stop you right there. You out of everyone should understand that this far out of my control. I. Love. This. Girl. That girl out there? She's mine. And nothing you say or anyone says can change that."

My mom looks at me, then to the exit of the dining room and back to me.

"How do you know she feels the same?"

I rub my temple.

"I don't."

"How will she react once she finds out who you really are?"

"I don't know."

"What happens if you hurt her?"

At this question I look up and stare deeply into my mothers eyes.

"I would never forgive myself."
She nods at this and begins to walk out but before she leaves she comes back in "Jane and Jaxon will be visiting tomorrow so make sure you have a talk to the young human out there and explain to her tonight." And with that she leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amber POV:

I fill a bowl with the eggs that I made earlier and pour some syrup all over them. My mom used to tell me that I eat like a pregnant woman.
I sit back on the couch and get so happy when I see that SpongeBob is on.

Right when I was about to stuff the fork full of eggs in mouth his mom walks in and I drop my fork immediately.
"It was nice meeting you...I'm sorry what's your name again."