Chapter 8: Safe

My heart pounded against my chest as I stopped by a building, catching my breath. As soon as my breathing began to slow down, I began to wander around; asking for directions.

But my body began to give in as I dropped to the ground landing harshly against the cold pavement, the side of my face scraping against the floor.

I tried to push myself off the floor and get back on my feet, but no matter what I did, my body never listened. The icy coldness from the pavement began to cool down my cheeks and my eyes began to droop shut as I welcomed the darkness.

But a smile creeped onto my face.

I ran away.

Away from Vampires.

Away from the horrid nightmares.

Away from the tears I cried day and night.

I ran away. I actually did.

Tears formed as I closed my eyes, a small smile claimed my lips as I drifted off. The last thing I heard was a loud scream.

Author's Views

Lottie sighed as she heard constant knocking on the door. She pushed herself off the bed as she dragged herself to the door. She just wanted some private time, especially when her best friend want missing for a week now.

She couldn't stand all those "Sorry's" or "She's fine", because those words would never bring back her best friend. Lottie took a breath and she opened the door, only to meet eyes with Angie's mother.

"Mrs Pheniox? What are-" Lottie asked but was immediately cut off.

"They found her." Angie's mother cried,

"What? You mean A-" Angie's mother began to cry, a huge smile of relief clamied her lips as she nodded her head.

"They found her, Charlotte!" Angie's mother cried with joy.

Lottie let out a shaky laugh before collapsing to the floor. Tears began to run down her face as she sat on the floor stunned.

She's safe.

She really is.

============

"Holy shit!!!" Zayn shouted as he threw the glass of water against the T.V

His friends watched the glass shatter into millions of pieces against the screen.

"The missing nineteen year old girl has returned and is now resting in the hospital. She disappeared for one week without anyone knowing. People are now-" Zayn tossed the remote into the T.V angrily, and fustratingly began to rub his temples.

"Zayn are you-" Liam asked worriedly.

"No I'm not!" Zayn shouted. "I'm not! How could we have been so stupid to leave that human alone?!"

"Zayn, fucking calm down!" Harry replied, standing up to the frustrated vampire.

"Just shut the fuck up Harry!" Zayn shouted before giving Harry a blow to the jaw, making Harry stumble.

"You bastard!" Harry cursed, then grabbed the collar of Zayn's shirt. "Fucking calm down! What the hell is your problem!?"

"My problem? This is our problem!" Zayn shoved Harry away, "Its that girl! She knows what we are and you think she's not going to tell the world?!"

"Zayn just calm down! We'll solve this!" Niall growled.

Zayn let out a heavy huff before running to his room. He shut the door loudly, making the ground shake.

As he entered the room, he crumbled to the ground, broken hearted.

He just lost the love of his life again.