Chapter one

A year later and I am still unable to leave the palace, Roman has guards posted at every turn. All I want is one moment of freedom, so I went to talk with my father who was about to leave to head back to our home. He had just returned after the death of King Sika. Walking into his chambers, I saw him sitting, his head down on the desk.
"Father, is everything alright?" I asked.
"Don't worry about me Livia, I'll be fine, worry about those children of yours."
"But father, you don't look well."
"I'll be fine, just need to get home."
"Let me come with you. Roman would understand," I said.
"Roman needs you here. And so do your children."
I sighed in frustration, hugging him, I turned and left, going to find Roman.

After searching everywhere imaginable, I sunk to the floor knowing that if I didn't go with my father, it would be the last time I ever saw him, I knew he wasn't going to make it much longer. I felt a pair of arms go around me, "What are you doing sitting out here my love?"
"It's father, he's leaving and I know that if I don't go with him it will be the last time I see him."
"You want to go with him, don't you?" Roman asked.
"Please, he's the only family I have left, besides you and the twins."
He sighed deeply, pulling me to my feet, "I can't let you go. You know why I can't."
Tears burned my eyes, as he pulled me into him, "Livia, I'm not trying to hurt you, but they are still out there somewhere, I can't let them get to you."
"But he's my father," I choked out, the sobs choking me.
"I know, I know you love him, but I have to protect you and our family, besides, he made me promise to take care of you and not let you go. I'm under his strict orders not to let you go. Not that I'd let you go anyhow, because Livia, when it comes right down to it, you're my wife, the mother to our children, and the love of my life, I can't live without you."
I buried my face into his chest, as he let me sob, the pain filling my heart, only breaking apart when Clara interrupted us. "Your Majesties, he is ready to leave, if you choose to say goodbye."
Goodbye, I can't say goodbye to my father, seeing his health fail right before my eyes, I couldn't bear to say goodbye. Roman took my hands, putting me in front of him, and leading me out to my father. Once outside, my father was already kissing the twins foreheads, seeing me, he reluctantly stepped away from them, walking towards me, cupping my face in his hands, "Livia, be happy my child. I will be with your mother soon. You have these wonderful children and this great man that will love you always, as I have done."
"Don't leave me," I whispered into his chest, our hug ending abruptly as Lord Owens stepped forward, informing my father it was time to go.
"Let us know when you arrive Lord Owens," Roman said.
"Of course your Majesties."
I took my fathers hand leading him to the carriage, wiping away tears as I went, as he climbed in. Once the door shut, he leaned out and said, "Be safe my daughter, you are a Queen now, the people will look to you for guidance and love. Our enemies are on the move, I trust in the both of you to protect everything that I hold dear to my heart. Goodbye."
Before I could utter a word, the carriage pulled away, and moments later my father was out of sight. Gone. But what enemies do I have? I mean besides Lord Balor and Princess Sasha.

Roman stood holding the twins, Apikalia, and Akamu, watching as I turned coming back from saying goodbye. I took Apikalia into my arms, the bond between us strong, as my fathers and mine had been. "Come Livia, we should get inside, our enemies are close by."
I looked at Roman, my fathers words ringing in my ears, "What enemies of ours are on the move?"
Roman looked away from me, continuing to walk inside, "Roman, why won't you answer me?"
"It's to protect you and are children, the less you know, the safer you are."
"I wish you would trust me to tell me," I said, taking Akamu from him as well and striding past him back into the palace, heading straight for Bayley and Dean.