Chapter 7 (Part 1)

^^^dedication for the awsome banner >>>>> thanks!

Chapter 7 (Part 1)

Chris' P.O.V.

Okay, its official. I am stalking my mate.

It's seven in the morning, the morning after our perfect date, and I'm sitting outside of her apartment. Not that she would recognise me in my wolf form but it made me feel better just being able to be near her...

So here I am, sitting just past the tree line once again. Only this time Noel wasn't outside. Nope she was inside and my pathetic ass was out in the cold, wishing for only a small glimpse of Noel's beautiful face through her back windows.

I inhaled deeply, basking in the now familiar cinnamon scent...

'Chris, Noel just called your phone.' Dad's voice suddenly filtered through my mind.

'And I missed it!' I growled back to him. I knew I should have stayed home instead of coming here. I instantly turned to run in the direction of Dad's place.

That was when the wind shifted...bringing with it another familiar scent. Werewolf. Near MY mates house...I couldn't help the snarl that came from me as my head snapped in the direction of the wolf.

There, not even a hundred yards from me crouched a charcoal gray wolf...he stared intently at Noel's place, taking no notice of me.

My wolf instantly wanted to kill him for just being near Noel, but I managed to restrain myself and try to contact Dad. If he wasn't in wolf form he might not hear me...

'Dad!' I yelled mentally.

'Damn, what's all the yelling about!' Dad responded quickly.

'There is a wolf here that I don't know...' I answered angrily.

'What is he doing?'

'Watching Noel's place. He hasn't noticed me yet...wait, he's moving.'

I watched as he crouched low to the ground and ran across the grass boldly, not too wary of the fact that humans lived here. The gray wolf went straight to the back of my mates apartment and began sniffing around.

Okay, now that is just too close to Noel.

Without hesitation I bolted after the wolf, growling lowly. I snarled at it when it finally acknowledged my presence. Familiar blue eyes stared back at me evilly before he lunged at me, his long teeth aiming for my throat.

I dodged his attack easily and rounded with one of my own, striking out with my paw, raking my claws across his face. The coppery smell of blood entered my nose but I didn't stop my attack. I slammed hard into his side forcing him away from Noel's place, hoping he would get the idea and leave. Instead, he charged me again, his teeth snapping very close to my face.

A sudden noise behind me turn my head to the door. Noel stood there, her eyes wide in shock as she took in the sight if two very large wolves snarling at each other. I wanted to yell at her and tell her to get back inside but I couldn't...

That damn wolf decided to jump on my back, attempting to get a good grip on my neck with those stupid teeth! I bucked, trying to dislodge him. Nothing. Hell, I even tried slamming him into the wall! All that got me was his teeth latched into the back of my neck and a nasty headache...

I could feel his jaws tightening, dangerously close to breaking my neck. But just as I was going to slam him into the brick corner at the edge of the building, his jaws went slack and his weight slid off my back. I spun around and came face to face with my mate holding a huge frying pan above her head and the wolf crawling away, blood pouring from a laceration above his ear.

Noel raised the pan at the wolf again as a threat and the wolf actually took off, but not before throwing a glare our way.

My wolf eyes traveled back to my mate, my strong beautiful mate...my vision began to blur and the last thought I had was, 'I hope she doesn't freak out...'

~~~~~~~~~~~

Noel's P.O.V.

Chris. Sexy, sweet, perfect Chris...is a freakin' dog! Seriously, a real fur coat, Sharp teeth, claws, the whole flipping' shabang!

Okay, this is how it happened: first, I hear snarling and yelling coming from my back porch; then, stupid me opens the door seeing the two wolves from the woods. Of course by doing that I distracted the pretty black one, causing his odd gray eyes to look my way. I almost screamed a warning to the wolf as the mean looking gray wolf pounced on his back.

For some reason, unknown to me at the time, my heart dropped at the sight...some strange idea popped in my head and I quickly ran into the kitchen grabbing my decorative iron skillet off the wall. I remember weighing it in my hands before taking off back to my wolf. The sight in front of me almost dropped me to my knees...the nasty wolf had his jaws wrapped around my wolf's neck, bright red blood pouring onto the concrete below them.

Without fear I ran to the wolves, raising the heavy ass skillet above my head...with a sickening crack my make-shift weapon landed at the top of the gray wolf's head. I wanted to sigh in relief as my wolf was free.

I should have been scared or hell, even nervous! But I stood strong, stepping between the two wolves. I raised the skillet higher, threatening the ugly ass wolf again. He seemed to glare our way before running into the trees and disappearing.

I turned to my black wolf and I swore he grinned at me before his eyes rolled into his head and collapsing.

I rushed toward the poor wolf but stopped when he started to twitch slightly...then suddenly its fur seemed to shrink in on itself, retreating into its skin. At the same time, its bones started crunching and I wasn't such an avid reader I probably would have screamed...

Be as it may, I took one look at the gorgeous body laying crumbled on the cold floor and rushed to his side...

Which brings me here...Chris is a freakin' dog! Not just any dog...but a beautiful black and white wolf! I mean, come on! This is NOT some fantasy novel, this IS real life!

"Oh well I can't very well leave him bleeding in the cold..." I grumbled and rolled Chris onto his back, seriously trying to keep my eyes above his waist...which trust me is a very hard thing to do when something this sexy is naked...Ooo and unconscious! Maybe just a peek..no!

Finally with a lot of grunting and fussing I managed to get Chris' large frame into the apartment just before shutting and locking the door securely. I couldn't help but lean into the door and sigh, completely exhausted.

"Not even eight in the damn morning and I'm already ready for a nap!" I grumbled to the still knocked out Chris. Seeing all the blood coating his neck and chest got me moving again quickly.

I rushed around my place grabbing things like the first aid kit, warm washcloths and a blanket. Come on, I'm a woman! I can only resist temptation for so long... After I got him cleaned up and covered up, the wound to his neck didn't seem all that bad. Deciding it was the best I could do, I tried moving Chris to the couch in the next room. Twenty minutes later I finally got him there! Granted I was sweating like a horse, damn big sexy man, but at least I got him there!

I ran off to a quick shower before rushing back to my man's side...wait! My man?!

"Noel?"Chris' voice broke as he struggled to sit up on the couch. I pushed him back down, barely using any force to get him there.

"Just rest Chris. You lost a lot of blood..." That thought left me speechless. What if something serious happened to him!

"You saved me..." And he is out again...

***This is only part one of this chapter! Will have more up tonight or tomorrow! Please vote, comment, fan, add to library...what ever it is you do! Thanks so much ya'll!

Happy Reading!

~jynx<3