Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Noel's P.O.V.

Last night was surprisingly fun. Chris' parents were crazy yet fun, playing stupid card games and drinking the night away! Chris, Angel, and Nick finally left around eleven, even though I'm sure Chris would have stayed over but I never asked and neither did he.

I slept-in that morning, even calling in to work that morning, something I hadn't done in over a year. It was well worth it seeing as I just started my vacation a day early! Holly on the other hand heard through the work grapevine that I didn't show up and rushed over to my apartment. Thankfully it was a couple hours past noon or I wouldn't have even opened the door.

"What now Holly? Couldn't you have just called me?" I sighed and opened the front door fully for my sister to come inside. I trecked back to the kitchen to finish up the coffee I had just started, leaving Holly to shut the door behind her.

"Are you saying you want me to leave?" Holly asked shutting the door with her foot.

"Nope, I was going to call you anyway." I poured us two cups of coffee. After doctoring mine up I plopped myself on the couch.

"What are you smiling about? I thought you were sick..." Holly sat next to me, her own coffee in her hands.

"I'm not smiling." I said, trying to surpress the smile. Of course, it didn't work and I only started smiling bigger.

"Okay, what's going on? First you call-in to work and now your smiling like a freakin' idiot." Holly nudged my shoulder, sloshing my coffee.

"Hey! Watch it!" I said raising my coffee cup higher...like that would help anything..."I'm just happy that's all."

There was no way I was going to tell her about last night. She would lecture me to death about letting a man into my house that I just met, even if his parents were here as well. Chris, hmm...Okay...maybe I would tell her, I don't think I can keep it in.

"IsawChrislastnight." I blurted quickly.

"What?" Holly didn't understand.

"I saw Chris last night." I said slower this time.

"What! Where? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I just did, Holly... Here, he came by here." I said smiling again.

"Noel! How could you let him..."

"Shut it." I put a hand over her mouth stopping her from ranting. "We hung out, had a couple drinks, then played some cards with his parents."

Holly said something I couldn't understand, not surprising since my hand covered her mouth. Jerking my hand away I chuckled at my sister as she glared at me. "I said...you hung out with his parents?!"

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'. I smiled at my sister and her shocked face.

"Okay, weird." Holly said drawing out 'weird'.

"It's not that weird!" I defended.

Holly only laughed at me. "Okay, okay, what were they like? Were they nice?"

"They were crazy!" I laughed before continueing, "but cute...They couldn't keep their hands off of each other! Oh, and Angel, his mom is a spit fire!"

"Okay...I got to ask is he white or...?" Holly asked, unsure of how to ask the question.

"Mixed. Angel is a little bitty black woman and Nick is a freakin' huge ass white man! They look so odd together, but for some reason they really fit together..." I shrugged my shoulders at her.