At Danielle's Again! (ch 21)

"So... What are we gonna tell your mom?" I asked as I stared up the driveway at the house in front of us.

"Good question... I have no idea. Maybe we could say that I found you at the gas station, then offer to let you stay over?" Danielle suggested with a shrug.

I thought about it for a second, pondering whether or not it would be believable. Finally I said, "Okay, but what was I doing at the gas station? She'll probably ask that."

"I don't know, you come up with an idea. You were supposed to be there before I got there."

"Fine, I'll think of something while we walk up to the door. I don't think we want to stand here all night, it's getting cold."

We started walking up the driveway towards the front door. I started thinking of a good excuse to use on why I decided to go to the gas station, but came up with nothing. When we were almost up the steps of the porch, I snapped my fingers, a grin on my face. "I've got it! I was bored and decided to go for a walk, then decided that I wanted some Gatorade. That gas station is closer to my house than any of the others."

Danielle smiled and nodded. "That's believable. And it sounds like something that you would do."

I chuckled softly as we continued up the steps, then stopped in front of the door while Danielle grabbed her key and unlocked the door. As soon as we got inside, we headed to the kitchen to put the milk away, then look for something to eat.

"Danielle? Is that you down there in the kitchen?"

Danielle and I both flinched at the tone of Tiff's question. Her voice wasn't loud, or angry, not even annoyed. It was calm and soft, like it was coming from a person ready to murder someone.

"Y-yeah mom, I'm down here," Danielle said in a soft, timid voice.

"What are you doing? It's almost 1:30 in the morning!"

I looked towards the stairs, then at Danielle, then back at the stairs, hearing them creaking softly, indicating that Tiff was heading down here. "I went and got the milk, then I was put it away and was getting something to eat."

She finished speaking right as Tiff got to the bottom and stepped into the doorway, her face brightening a little when she saw me.

"Oh, and I found Danny while I was out, so I asked if he wanted to come over," Danielle added quickly.

Tiff smiled at me and motioned for me to give her a hug. I obeyed, taking a few short and quick strides to get to her, then hugging her lightly. When I went to pull away, she pulled me back, hugging me tighter while saying, "Oh lord, Danny, are you okay? I found out what happened at the party. I'm sorry that that happened!"

I pulled away and stared at her for a moment before chuckling lightly. "It's fine. It wasn't your fault anyways. I just happened to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time." I shrugged lightly and glanced back at Danielle to see if her expression was similar to her mother's. Yup... "Besides, I'm okay now. The bruises are almost gone and I didn't break anything." Well, I'm pretty sure I didn't...

Tiff and Danielle both visibly relaxed, but the worry still shown on their faces. "But you're sure you're alright?" Danielle asked, walking closer to us. I simply nodded in return, a content smile on my face.

"Absolutely positive?" Tiff added.

"Yup, I'm positive! One hundred percent!" I replied, popping the p at the end of 'yup'.

"Alright, well you two should probably get to bed. It's late," Tiff said, her tone stern.

Danielle and I laughed and nodded. "Okay. Danny, you wanna sleep in the same room that you stayed in last time? I'm pretty sure all of you stuff is in there, too."

I nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good. And I'll remember to take my stuff this time," I said with a soft chuckle.

"Okay, now that you two have that all figured out and settled, I'm going to go back to bed. Hurry and finish up down here, then go to bed, alright?"

"Okay," Danielle and I replied in unison, then chuckled. Tiff smiled at us then headed back upstairs. As soon as she was out of sight, we went back to looking for something to eat until we eventually came up with something. Danielle with a Hostess cupcake, and myself with a small bag of cookies.

"Off to bed now!" I said, pointing dramatically towards the stairs, making us laugh. We headed up the stairs, then departed into our separate rooms as soon as we reached the hallway.

I let out a soft sigh as I fell back onto the soft bed behind me. Out of habit, I found myself curling into a ball on the bed, my left arm wrapped around my legs, my right hand clenched into a fist against my chest while my eyes clamped shut. The bag of cookies that I'd brought up with me were sitting on the nightstand, my shoes hanging halfway off of my feet.

I couldn't help but think about what Jason had told me at the ice cream shop. Jacob is my older brother... Doesn't that mean that he was that friend of mine that ended up disappearing one day, along with the rest of the family? And shouldn't we have remembered each other? It was only a few years...What will happen to us now?

With a sigh, I opened my eyes and let my body relax, then rolled over. "What's happening? Why has everything changed so much? Why can't we go back to the way it was?" I murmured to myself as I slowly drifted off into a troubled sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woot! It only took me a day to write this! I moped around, trying to think of what to write for a good five, six hours, but that's beside the point. I'm not sure when I'll have another chapter up, but it'll probably be sometime after the 28th because I'm gonna be with my dad and probably won't be on my laptop a whole lot.

One last thing before I go: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Oh and pic is of Cameron. lol gotta love it when people are being weird :P But, that's all folks!

Happy Holidays~ ♥