Everything Might Just Be Okay (ch 25)

Beep. Beep. Beep. Thud. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The alarm on the nightstand went off, startling Danny awake, and off of the bed. He shook his head and glanced around, looking for the source of the sound. He allowed his hand to reach up to the nightstand and blindly search for the alarm for a moment or two before groaning stubbornly and standing to find it.

Once he switched the alarm off, Danny went to the window. He was still a bit groggy from having just woke up and wanted to go back to sleep. But, he knew he had to get back into the swing of things. With Jason being gone, he knew people would question him, at least for a little while. Things would quickly settle down and go back to the way they were before Jason appeared, and hopefully they would get better along with it, too.

Danny stretched and walked out of the bedroom in the clothes that he'd slept in: a pair of loose fitting shorts over boxers. He was heading to the kitchen to get something to eat. He hadn't eaten since Rachel had brought him a cupcake yesterday, around seven. He hadn't even left the room since then.

Now in the kitchen, Danny looked around. It didn't look like anyone had been in here yet today, which made the boy somewhat happier. He grabbed a bowl from the cupboard, then went to the pantry to get a box of cereal, and to the fridge to get the milk. He poured the cereal, then the milk, and grabbed a spoon, sampling the food before setting it down to put everything away. When he was finished with that, he went back to his cereal, which he finished within a matter of minutes, then washed the dishes he used and put them away. Now, it was time to get ready.

Danny went back up to the guest room to gather his clothes for the day, then went to the bathroom. He showered, dried and dressed himself, and brushed his teeth in about twenty minutes. Once finished, he went back to his room to grab the rest of his things that he felt he needed: his cellphone, iPod, chap stick, and a half-empty pack of gum. Dressed in a pair of ripped black skinny jeans, a Suicide Silence band tee, a black hoodie, and an old, beat up pair of converse, Danny left the house through the back door and headed towards the hell hole he called the high school.

He wasn't planning to go today. No, he had plans to meet someone. A person that would make him feel better and calm him. Just the thought of seeing him made Danny's heart beat slightly faster and made his eyes seem to twinkle.

Only one person could make everything wrong that had happened seem to disappear. Cameron.

About fifteen minutes later, Danny walked up the steps of an old building that stood roughly a block away from the high school. Last night just before he'd fallen asleep, Danny had sent Cameron a text that said to meet him here. Around three in the morning, he'd gotten a reply of yes.

So far, there wasn't a sign of Cameron here. But, then again, he was a little early. Cam would probably show any time now. All Danny had to do was sit and wait.

Danny's P.o.V

 He's not here yet... I didn't want to have to wait for him like this; it allows my mind and thoughts to wander to places I'd rather keep them far from. With a sigh, I began to pace, thinking up scenarios that would keep Cam from visiting. A car accident. Bank robbery. A fight. Drug bust.

"You're ridiculous," I muttered to myself. "He doesn't even do drugs..."

Pulling out my phone, I checked the time. Any time now he would be here. I could feel excitement bubble up inside of me as the seconds ticked by. My pacing grew quicker, and the worries of him not showing faded.

A sound behind and to my left startled me out of my nervous state. A shuffle, then a creak, and finally a voice.

"You're going to make yourself sick if you keep acting like that."