Yay! The Weekend's Here! (ch 6)

Friday! The weekend is here! No school, hanging out with Rachel and Jason, the usual stuff. Hey, I might even get to hang out with Cameron again. Bonus!

But, all that's after school... A few more hours... Why can't school go by quicker?

I sighed as I stared at the front of the room, coming back to reality. English with Ms. Edwards. It's just so fun...

I let out another sigh as I began to copy down what she'd written on the board. Some more information on how to do an essay. How old does she think we are? Twelve?

"Alright, class," Ms. Edwards said at the front of the room. "We're going to start our essay on Monday, okay? Review what we learned today before then, okay?"

We all nodded and started to put our stuff back into our bags.

"Finally... English is over. Now science," I said to myself, then groaned. We had a quiz today and I forgot to study... So that means another conference with Mr. Mitchel. And another day after school next week, and...

I was torn away from my thoughts by the bell. I let out another groan as I stood and headed to science, dreading the quiz that I knew I'd fail.

Lunch

After the bell rang, ending science, I moped off to lunch. I sighed as I glanced around, looking for Rachel and Jason. After a few glances around, I found them sitting at our usual table. I smiled and walked over to them, waving a little as I said, "Hey Rachel, hey Jason!"

They turned and smiled when they saw me. "Hey Danny," Rachel said, scooting over so I could sit between her and Jason.

"Hi Danny!" Jason said, giving me a quick hug.

You'd think that after what happened Monday night, things would be awkward between us... It's just been the same, like nothing happened. It kind of does hurt a little though, now that I think of it. Oh well, at least we're still friends.

"So, how was science?" Rachel asked me, then took a bite of her sandwich.

I groaned again and looked down. "We had a quiz that I totally bombed... Another day after school and conference with Mr. Mitchel..."

"Don't worry, I failed that quiz, too," Jason said, patting my back. "So, if we have to stay after, we'll be staying after together."

I smiled at him and nodded. "Thanks for making me feel better."

"No problem."

"Jeez, slackers," Rachel said playfully. "Anyways, you guys wanna go to the mall after school?"

I smiled and nodded, then looked next to me at Jason who smiled and nodded as well.

"Good," she said, "now we can have more friendly bonding time." She leaned over and pulled me and Jason into a hug, then started rubbing my head, messing up my hair.

I gasped playfully and reached up to my hair. "Oh no! You messed up my hair!" I said in fake horror. Seconds later, we all burst out laughing. Gotta love my friends and the weird things we do.

After we regained ourselves, we all took care of our trash and sat back down at our table, talking about random things as we waited for the bell to ring, which it did a few minutes later. Jason and I said our goodbyes to Rachel, then headed to gym.

After School

As soon as the bell rang, Rachel, Jason, and I were out the door and heading towards the parking lot to Rachel's car. When we got there, Rachel took the front, I took the passenger seat, and Jason climbed in the back. Rachel start driving as soon as everyone had put their seat belts in. Yes, she's like a mother. But that's why we love her.