Not Our Home...

*Aphmau's POV*
After a long trip home we finally started getting close to Phoniex Drop. Aaron took my hand in his and smiled. I was so happy to finally get to raise a family with Aaron. As we approached the gates I was so busy talking I didn't notice everyone stopped. I turned around, "Why did everyone stop?" They all pointed towards Phoniex Drop. "I know we are at Phoniex-" I turned and saw what they meant. It was destroyed. The gate was broken and fire was in the village. I fell to my knees and cried. "How...." Aaron sat down next to me and I leaned my head on his shoulder. His sweatshirt was covered in my tears. He stroked my head and kissed the my check. "I'm going inside to look." Travis said. "Be careful please." Katelyn said. Aaron stood. "I'll go with him." I looked up at him. "Don't let anything happen to either of you." I said as he pulled me into a tight hug. "I promise to be careful." He smiled and walked into the burned village.

*Aaron's POV*
Travis and I entered through a hole in the gate. When I walked in, I saw nothing but burning houses, shattered glass, broken buildings, and lots of other things. "Hello is anyone here?" I called out, but there was no reply. "Let's split up and see if we can find anyone that lived and can tell us what happened." Travis suggested. I nodded and went east while Travis went west.

I followed a small path leading to Aph's house. I pushed the door open, but it fell off the hinges. The house was destroyed. I went downstairs and saw a glowing door. I readied my sword as I stepped closer to it. I saw someone walk out of the door and I went to attack, but saw it was only Zoey. She turned her head and looked at me. "Aaron!" She shouted and ran up to me, hugging me. "I thought you were dead!" She said putting down the item in her hand. "It's a long story, but we don't have time for that. What happened here?" Zoey stared at the floor. She sighed, "It was Zane." I froze and stood shocked. I couldn't believe what name I had just heard. "It couldn't have been Zane, he's dead." I argued. "Well, he's not. He came in with group of Shadow Knights and attacked us. Luckily Dante was able to hold them off until everyone got on boats and sailed to another island, but Dante was badly injured. Me, him, and Lilith didn't make it to the boats so we took refuge down here. He's in there. I'm trying to help heal his wounds." After all the talking she did, I couldn't do anything, but feel guilty. I let Zane out of the Irene Dimension and I didn't kill him. My hand made a fist. I managed to calm down a little bit. I wanted to see my daughter again. "Zoey is it okay if I go see Lilith?" I asked. She heard the pleading in my voice and saw the sadness in my eyes. She nodded and opened the door. I walked inside and saw Dante on a small bed cradling Lilith in his arms. "Can I have a turn?" I asked smirking. He looked up. "Aaron!? I thought you were dead!?" I laughed. "I'm not. And everyone thinks I am right now." He laughed quietly. "So can I?" He smirked. "No, Aphmau said that I was her new dad. Also we are getting married tomorrow." I glared at him while he laughed. "Kidding. Here." He handed her to me. "Daddy." Lilith said smiling and laughing. Tears came to my eyes, but I wiped them before Dante could see. "Aaron!" I heard someone call my name outside the door. I looked behind me. It was Travis carrying someone in his arms and had someone else on his back. "We shouldn't have left Aphmau, Katelyn, and Garroth alone." He said. I took another glimpse at the bodies. At first glance I couldn't see anything, but then I felt like my world was shattered at who was in his arms.