The Monsters In Our Road

*Aphmau's POV*
As we made our way to Scaleswind, Travis said he heard weird sounds. "Wait." He said. He looked around the area. "I swore I heard something." "Your just being paranoid." Katelyn said. He nodded and we continued on. "AHHHHH!" We heard Katelyn's scream. When we turned around we saw her on the ground unconscious. "Katelyn!" I shouted. We stared at her motionless body.

We heard footsteps from behind us. When we looked behind us there was a group of Shadow Souls. "We have to stop them!" I shouted. I ran at then taking them down one by one. I looked to see Garroth surrounded by tons of them. He was getting attacked left and right. He looked so weak. I ran at them. Taking the rest of them down.

*Katelyn's POV*
As we walked along the path, Travis had us stop. He thought he heard a noise, but I guess he's just paranoid. I can't blame him though, he did live on an island of dangerous imps and a demon warlock. Just then I heard a noise and turned around. A Shadow Soul had attacked me. I let out a loud scream. I fell to the ground. My vision blurred and everything turned black. I couldn't hear their voices anymore.

*Garroth's POV*
I can't believe the Shadow Souls were around. I helped Travis and Aphmau fight them off. Just then a ton of them surrounded me. I was fighting as best I could, but they started to attack me one by one. I couldn't fight back. When I looked up, I saw Aphmau fighting them. She looked down at me. The world started to spin and I went unconscious.

*Aphmau's POV*
Me and Travis finished off the rest of the shadow souls. He grabbed Garroth and laid him down next to Katelyn. "We should've listened to you." I said to Travis. "It's okay, nobody knew that would happen. Now we need to wait until they wake up to continue." He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. "I'm gonna get some sleep." I said. Travis nodded. "I'll keep lookout tonight." I nodded and drifted into a deep sleep.

*Travis' POV*
I looked at Aphmau while she fell asleep. I was tired but I needed to defend my friends. I stared into the darkness and saw a group of red glowing eyes appear in the trees. I readied my sword as it came closer. They went to attack, but I knocked some of them down before they could. I didn't see anymore for now. I turned around to check the other area and saw a head pop up.

Katelyn woke up and looked at me. "Hey Katelyn, how are you feeling?" I asked. "I'm okay I guess. Just feel a little dizzy." I smiled at her and told her to take it easy. "Do you want some help?" I nodded my head then said "Are you sure? Wouldn't you rather rest?" "No I'll be fine, I promise." Katelyn said with a smile. She got off the ground and grabbed her sword. We fought off as many as we could until we fell from exhaustion. My eyes closed. I tried to keep them open, but I couldn't. I drifted off to sleep.

Song: Shatter Me, Lindsy Sterling