Chapter Eleven

The soft pitter-patter of the rain outside of Louis' window lulled him to sleep within seconds. His breathing was steady and Harry couldn't help but stare down at the person in his arms.

Harry knew that Louis was scared of many things, many people and he really didn't want Louis to wake up and become frightened of the fact that Harry's arms were around him.

Carefully, ever so lightly, Harry lifted Louis off his chest and placed his feathery hair on a battered pillow and pulled the blanket up to the older boy's chin. He knelt down in front of the bed and although his limbs needed stretching, he stayed like that, watching Louis sleep, mind in never land.

Louis looked so innocent, so cute and adorable and Harry would kill to know how to get Louis to trust him. He wanted his trust, he wanted his touch, he wanted his love. He wanted everything Louis but didn't realize it until the moment when Louis stirred in his sleep and his mouth opened slightly, a small 'o' forming from his pink lips.

He wanted to be able to chase the monsters away, to let Louis open up to him. He sure sounded like a corny teenager, but he felt something towards Louis and there was no denying it.

Leaving Louis' room, Harry locked the door ever so quietly so Janet wouldn't hear and tip-toed to the staircase and ran downstairs, nearly tripping over his own feet in the process. On the last two steps, he jumped and his boot covered feet hit the ground, knees bending slightly.

He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and rubbed his palms against his jeans, feet already taking him in the direction of Anne's office.

*

Louis' eyes fluttered open at an illegal hour at night and his brain immediately began to panic. How, why, when did he fall asleep? And he sure as hell didn't remember closing the blinds, nor switching the lamp off for that matter.

Must've been Harry. He thought and stopped dead in his tracks.Harry? Oh no, no, no, no.

He sat up so quickly that blood rushed to his head within seconds and when the sudden pain disappeared, Louis froze. He could feel the crimson colour slowly appearing on his cheeks and the corners of his mouth lift upwards. He couldn't stop it.

Carefully this time, Louis stood up from bed and although his whole body was burning (and he wasn't sure if it was because of Harry or the illness himself) and eyes watering like waterfalls and his bladder was screaming and about to burst, he stood still, looking at the wall because his stomach was doing some weird things.

He stood and grinned and felt like a different person and if that was what happy felt like, Louis would kill to feel like that all the time.

Eyes snapping up suddenly, his bladder wasn't going to hold it in any longer and threatened to let go, he almost ran across the corridor and to the toilet where he didn't even bother to lock the door or turn the lights on in that matter.

Being in the institute for quite some time, Louis knew where every facility in the toilet was so he didn't have to bother to turn the light on in the middle of the night and burn his eyes to death just to see where the sink or toilet was.

Minutes after his relief, he walked back to his room and noticed the time. Illegal, for sure.

He closed the door quietly and once again, began thinking about Harry and his stupid actions. But were they really stupid? It seemed to Louis that he was enjoying them and as much as it scared him, he didn't want Harry to stop giving him the attention.

*

"Louis, dear!" He heard the voice before he saw the person it was coming from. His eyes snapped up in attempt to find the familiar voice, his mum's voice.