Chapter Five

Louis woke up the next day, a massive headache welcoming itself bluntly. His body rolled out of bed and his hands reached out to grab a bottle of water, easing the slight pain in his throat.

Today just wasn't his day at all. To top it all up, Louis remembered that he had a meeting of some sort in one of the rooms downstairs.

He really was scared of Janet and wasn't planning on getting on her nerves anytime soon, and seeing that she was everywhere Louis seemed to be, he decided to go to the meeting to avoid murder. Although murder would hurt less than his state.

Then his brain flashed the memory from last night. Harry's voice and how he defended Louis once again. No matter what, it pissed Louis off because he didn't need a guardian angel of any sorts. In Louis' opinion, Harry should stay out of everything because it's leaving Louis' brain filled with thoughts he never thought existed. And all Louis knew was that he hated Harry for that.

All Harry had done, left Louis annoyed and angry. Sure, he was nice to him. But Louis didn't need solace, he knew that he could handle everything on his own. Janet, being one of the things. He didn't need a friend, he didn't need a stupid BlackBerry, he didn't need healing. All he needed was a blade and an empty room.

Looking at the clock on the wall, Louis saw that it was time for breakfast but the last thing Louis wanted to do was go downstairs and be greeted with un-familiar faces that made him feel even more uncomfortable than Harry. Damn that kid.

He picked up his old phone from the table, seeing as he didn't want anything to do with the BlackBerry as it was already smashed to pieces, he texted his mum quickly, not wanting to let a tear escape from his eye.

I miss you mum.

He typed and sent the text to his mother. He wasn't expecting a reply, seeing as his mum was one of those people who didn't know how to hit the 'reply' button. He knew that his mum, Jay, would call Lottie or Fizzy from upstairs, hand them her phone and tell one of the daughters to reply back so Louis wouldn't feel felt out or forgotten about.

He grabbed a simple white t-shirt and navy jeans, also grabbing his toothbrush and locked the door to his bedroom after him. He stepped into the bathroom, which was empty, considering that everyone on his floor was either asleep or down at breakfast.

Louis stood facing the mirror on the wall, above the bathroom sink, looking at his awful scars. They were worse because Louis decided to pick on them the day before and it hurt Louis when he looked at them. He did that to himself but it was all because he was alive.

He didn't want to be alive, all the people surrounding him surely didn't want him to breathe either.

He put his clothes on and brushed his teeth, feeling fresher, however, the headache was still there and he felt like punching the mirror in front of him to replace the throbbing pain in his head with something else.

The young lad went back to his bedroom to place his sleeping clothes back in his suitcase and looked at the clock. It was 11 A.M.

Looking outside from the window in Louis' room, he saw that some families came to visit. There were a couple of young children playing out in the grass, some sun shining down but wind also present. A man, in his forties, holding hands with a woman somewhere around his age. Louis recognised the man, it was the one from across the hall.

An hour later, Louis was walking down the stairs in search of a room numbered '0012'. He soon enough found it. It was a dark wooden door, similar to the rest of the doors in the corridor. Outside the door, stood a plant, reaching up to Louis' hip.

Hesitantly, Louis knocked on the door, in hope that this room was in fact the right one and that he wasn't going blind on top of being mute as well.