Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby.

|2 weeks later|

Colby and I were shopping for things for nursery, Colby was thrilled about the baby so was I.

I was a bit surprised when Colby actually moved in. I mean he ignored me for months so seeing this side of him was weird but I'm glad he's here because lord knows I need someone in my corner with my family not being supportive and all. I mean you think they would be happy that Colby wants to be in the baby's life but no they have a even bigger problem with it.

I swear I can't never be happy when it comes to this family. I feel even more sad for Colby because of joe the rest of the guys have been giving him the cold shoulder. I blame myself I should've been more smarter that night.

"What do you think?" Colby asked.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"You're still thinking about your family, Sinai I don't care that they don't like me. It's all about you and the baby so focus we need a stroller, a nursery for the baby , and etc plus we've a doctor appointment to find the sex of the baby." He replied.

" I made a list of everything we need once the baby arrives." I said handing him the list.

"Wow this is a lot of stuff." He said looking over the list.

"Here's everything you'll need to get through those first few weeks with baby. Layette, 4-8 bodysuits or onesies (wide head openings and loose legs), 4-8 undershirts or vests (snaps at neck or wide head openings, snaps under crotch), 4-8 one-piece pajamas
2 blanket sleepers for winter baby,1-3 sweaters or jackets (front buttoned) 1-3 rompers or other dress-up outfits, 4-7 socks or booties (shoes are unnecessary until baby walks), 1-3 hats (broad-brimmed for summer baby, soft cap that covers ears for winter baby),No-scratch mittens, Bunting bag or fleece suit for winter baby,Swimsuit for summer baby, Gentle laundry detergent,Nursery Crib (Guidelines: Slats no more than 2 3/8 inches apart, corner posts no more than 1/16 of an inch above frame, no cutouts in headboard or footboard, top rails at leasy 26 inches above mattress),Cradle or bassinet. Firm, flat mattress fit snugly in crib (less than two fingers should fit between mattress and crib),1-3 washable crib mattress pads,2-4 fitted crib sheets,4-6 soft, light receiving blankets,1-2 heavier blankets (for colder climates),Rocking or arm chair,Baby monitor ,Nightlight, Dresser, Toy basket
Swing or bouncy chair." He said.

"Hi welcome to Everything for babies,how can I help you guys?" This woman asked walking up to us.

"Hi, what's your name?" I asked.

"Matisa." She said smiling.

"Matisa, we need..." Colby said about to tell her when I started reading off the list.

"Changing table or cushioned changing pad for low dresser or bureau, with safety strap or railing,Changing table pad
Changing table pad cover,Diaper pail,Diaper pail liners,Diaper cream,Baby wipes,Soft washcloths, 6-10 dozen cloth diapers and 6-8 diaper covers, or 2-3 large boxes of disposable newborn-size diapers." I said.

"Baby bathtub,Baby soap,Baby shampoo,2-4 soft towels or hooded baby towels,Baby hairbrush,Soft washcloths (use a different color or pattern than your diaper washcloths),Feeding
10-16 bottles and nipples, both four and eight ounce (if fed strictly by the bottle, baby will go through about ten in the four ounce size per day) Liners, for disposable bottles,Bottle warmer (cuts down on nighttime trips to and from the kitchen),Bottle sterilizer (if your dishwasher doesn’t have one) Bottle brush,Dishwasher basket for small items,4-8 bibs,Burp cloths,High chair,2-4 pacifiers,Formula (if not nursing)." He said.

"For nursing moms: 1-3 nursing bras (Breasts swell following birth, so start with one size larger than your maternity bra. Wait until size settles down — about two weeks after birth — to purchase additional bras.)
Nursing pads,Nipple cream,
Nursing pillow,Pump (even if you plan only to nurse, a pump will allow you to leave milk for baby if you want or need to separate)
Milk storage bags,Medicine Cabinet,Baby nail clippers or blunt scissors,Cotton balls (don’t use swabs to clean baby’s nose or ears)Baby thermometer,Bulb syringe/nasal aspirator,Medicine dropper." I said.

"Petroleum jelly and sterile gauze (for circumcision care) Infant acetaminophen (Tylenol)
Antibiotic cream,Saline nasal drops,Baby gas drops,Travel Infant or convertible car seat,Stroller (reclining to almost flat for infants)Diaper bag,Changing pad,Baby carrier/sling. For Mom,Ice packs (in case of tearing during birth or swelling after) 2-3 week supply of ultra absorbent sanitary pads
Panty liners,Hemorrhoid wipes and cream."He said.

"You just copied all of this out of first time moms book, didn't you?" He asked.

"Maybe I did." I replied.

"You guys must be first time parents?" Matisa asked.

"Yes we are." He said.

"Okay then I'll just go around pick up things for you guys while I tell you what each thing is." Matisa said.

"Okay." We both said.

"Do you know the sex of the baby?" She asked.

"No, but I know we're having a boy." I said.

"Yeah I think we're having a boy too." Colby said agreeing with me.

"So what colors would you guys like to do for nursery theme?" She asked.

"Light blue and white." I replied.

"Nice combo." She said.

"I know." I said.

[× × × ×]

After baby shopping we soon headed to the doctors office to find out the sex of the baby.

The nurse called me up and told me to go wait in Dr.Owen's room wait for him. He soon walks in and sits down.

"Hey guys are you ready for the baby check up? Do you guys have questions?" he asked.

"Owen we want to know the sex of the baby." I said.

"Oh lay down, I want to make sure. I'll go get the sonogram machine " he said.

He came back with the machine and hooked up.

"Are you ready? "Owen asked.

"Yes" I said.

"Yes." Colby said.

He placed a liquid gel on my stomach and then starting moving around looking for the baby.

"It's a boy." He said. That's when I heard the flutter of the strong heartbeat on the clinic monitor. I saw our baby boy on the monitor.

"You could actually hear the heartbeat," I told Colby. "I can't believe we're having a boy." I said.

"No stress and congratulations again. The baby is at 11 inches and almost 1 pound (about the size of a squash), your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn.  It looks like you 22 weeks pregnant and your due date is December 3 or it could change" Dr.Owen said wiping the gel off my stomach.

"Thank you, Owen." I said.

"You welcome and Colby take care of them." He said.

"You already know I do." Colby  said as we walked out.

"It's a boy." I said squeezing Colby's hand.

"Our baby boy." He said.

My little man. His mini me.