Ch. 8

Robbie's POV

" Mermaids! " , Alexie exclaimed

" Mermaids? " , I questioned myself

I took a look beneath the surface of the waters as a fish tail caught my attention, but then it disappeared under the waters and came up a beautiful girl. Many other of these mermaids appeared behind her.

Alexie and I then gathered everyone grabbing our weapons as Co Captain Jack steered the ship past the mermaids either knocking them down our ship or just scaring them away.

I looked at everyone else in the crew who were ready to fight, but then we stopped as we heard singing.

Singing.

But just any singing.

Enchanted singing.

Listen to my song
As I sing for you all day long
Drop everything and come
Come with me to the deep blue sea

Forget your loved ones
And jump down for me
We can be together free
Come with me to the deep blue sea

Don't fight me for what you want
Don't try to hunt me down
Because I can turn your frown around
Just come with me to the deep blue sea

Whoa whoa whoa whoa
Come with me to the deep blue sea
Whoa whoa whoa whoa
Come with me to the deep blue sea

The men suddenly dropped their weapons and they stood still as one of them walked up to the rear to observe the beautiful mermaids singing either in the waters or sitting on a rock.

I couldn't help, but follow along.

Alexie's POV

Ugh!

Not these digusting creatures again!

I hated mermaids because they think they are all that with their terrible singing.

You see with the men they think it's beautiful, but to us women is terrible like a screeching sound from their voice.

I had to make sure that I saved everyone before they jumped off to their deaths. They are very lucky to have me on this ship since I'm the only girl.

I grabbed a handful of rope and tied everybody, still in the trance, to the pole making sure I got everyone, but then I turned around to see Robbie walking off to the rear as he reached down for the mermaids to take him away.

I ran to him and pushed him aside as I smacked the mermaid's hand from Robbie's hand, but she grabbed my leg making me loose my balance and fall but luckily I grabbed on to some loose rope.

I turned around to see the mermaid hissing at me with her fangs, but I growled at her kicking her as she fell back to the waters.

The rope was nearly slipping from my hand and I looked to my left seeing Robbie standing still looking at the mermaids. I looked down to see them circling me waiting for their new vitcim. I was about to fall to my death bed.

  " Robbie! Robbie! " , I yelled " Robbie! Help me! "

But it was too late...my hand slipped from the rope....