Chapter 16- Konoha's Hero

A/N

Check out this AMAZING fan art of Konohamaru and Shinasui by ArtofFanfics

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

Shinasui stood with a steely glare at the man she was supposed to marry. Their eyes were connected but no words were exchanged.  Naruto slowly stood up, his left arm severely injured. Naruto looked back at his baby sister and didn't see the girl he grew up with. He didn't see the silver haired girl that cried at the end of Jiraiya's first book. He didn't see the little girl that used to get hyper off of sugar or the girl that would help him buy flowers for Hinata.

No...this wasn't the same girl.

This girl had the eyes of a demon...a look ready to kill. This girl had the confidence and strength of a warrior, the skill of a fighter. This girl in front of him was no longer a child that counted on others to protect her. She was the fierce storm that could destroy cities and end clans.

She was Shinasui Hatake: a phantom of the power behind the name.

Konohamaru appeared next to Naruto and helped him up, the Anbu level ninja having severe blood loss on his arm. Takeda got him once and because Naruto was so low on chakra from his earlier battle, he was unable to go all out. Konohamaru brought his Sensei to the medical corps where Kakashi and Minako were both waiting. They were eagerly watching their daughter in action for the first time, her battle determining the fate of the Leaf.

"Sensei...let us handle it." Konohamaru spoke calmly. Naruto cracked his student a crooked smile, his cerulean eyes full of pride.

"Show me what you got." Konohamaru returned the smirk before appearing next to Shinasui's side.

"Are you ready babe?" Konohamaru asked, his chocolate brown eyes were playful yet determined. He wanted Takeda dead for all of the things he tried to pull on her...especially when he tried to assault her. Shinasui's usually violet eyes were a blood orange, Kurama's chakra coming out in a cloak. Her cheeks had whisker marks, her lips were black, and her beautiful features were feral. She was ready for this moment.

"Of course." Her voice was a little deeper, the nine tails chakra changing her.

"Not without me. I have a bone to pick with him as well." A voice started out. The two looked over at Neji who was prepared in his gentle fist stance. Konohamaru gave a cocky grin before doing handsigns and biting his thumb. A black staff with gold ends appeared, his grandfather's summon.

"Let's see who gets to hit him first Captain Prettyboy!" Konohamaru charged, swinging the staff with mastery at the samurai. Takeda's evil emerald eyes had a dark glint in them, showing that his target was purely Shinasui. His katana was met with Konohamaru's staff, the latter pressing the flat end to the ground and swinging on it to kick Takeda in the face. Takeda blocked it with his forearm before using a handsign. Suddenly the samurai summoned more swords, them glowing a haunting blue.

"You aren't the only ones able to perform jutsu." Takeda growled. The swords were aimed at Konohamaru from various directions, impossible to dodge.

"Shit." Konohamaru tried to prepare himself but found that he didn't have to.

"Eight Trigrams: Rotation!" Neji blocked all of the swords, knocking Konohamaru away back towards Shinasui. The girl caught Konohamaru with a dark smirk on her face.

"Looks like  Neji is winning your bet." Konohamaru growled in response, not wanting to give up.

"Not yet!" Konohamaru stood up and readjusted the monkey staff so it sat comfortably on his shoulder. They observed how Neji moved so elegantly, completely comfortable in his battle with Takeda. Might Gai was heard loudly cheering on his student from such a distance.