Chapter 13- War Begins

A/N

This is my drawing of Minato. I'm not the best artist but I recently picked up the paper and pencils. I hope you guys like it.

-v4k

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

"If you keep lounging around all the time, you're gonna get fat." A gravely voice remarked.

"Suck a fat one Tsume." Silence filled the air between the two before loud laughter broke out between the Fifth Hokage and her best friend. Minako Hatake was hiding out of sight within the Inuzuka compound, with Tsume. The two nearly forgot the situation the village was in with all of the wine, food, and sake they partook in. The only thing Minako really wished she had at the moment was a good foot masseuse.

"So when is that head of red turning grey? I'm jealous." Tsume grunted while sipping her sake, a group of puppies sitting at her feet. Since Tsume retired, she took up the trade of breeding ninken. That also meant her house was constantly full of puppies. Minako thought that was the definition of paradise. Tsume was in her early fifties with a full head of dark grey. Stress lines around her lips were evident due to the rough personal life she has had. Raising two children alone after her husband left caused her to become depressed and pressure Kiba to be a better man than his dad. However, her son looked just like him. If it wasn't for Minako's constant support and friendship, Tsume may have become bitter.

"Oh god I hope I never get grey. Kakashi can work it but I can't ya know." Minako chuckled. Tsume raised an eyebrow.

"Just you wait. You'll get greys when Shinasui has kids. That'll do it for ya. When Hana was pregnant with her mutts? Man I couldn't sleep still cause of the little tikes." Minako laughed at the memory of Hana having twins. She conceived at the same time Kurenai did, the three of the kids were on a genin squad. Hana was so young at the time. Thinking of Shinasui made Minako upset. The thought of her daughter possibly being already married to that monster Takeda plagued her with nightmares.

"I wish Shinasui was home." Tsume placed one of the puppies at her feet on her friend's lap. She offered Minako a toothy smile. Her sharp canines showing.

"Hey dogs make everyone feel better. Cheer up. She'll be here any day now." Minako chuckled softly, petting the silky coat of a brown puppy. She couldn't help but feel a little bit happier with the way that dog was looking at her with such innocent blue eyes.

"Maybe I can convince Kakashi to let us get a dog. Not a ninja dog but a pet one to cuddle with ya know. He already has Pakkun and that group but they aren't really companions." Tsume kicked a toy away from her feet which the dogs all chased, except the one on Mina's lap.

"How does Pakkun live that long anyway? Isn't he like thirty or something ridiculous?" Minako laughed loudly while cuddling with the puppy more. It really warmed it's way into her heart. Having both of her kids grown, it made her miss how nurturing she could be to babies.

"He's not just a dog, he's a summon. They basically live until they want to go ya know. That's why Gamabunta is still kicking like a young toad too." Tsume and Minako spent the next several minutes gossiping and discussing random topics. All of a sudden the ground shook, a loud booming sound causing the walls of Tsume's house to vibrate. Minako's violet eyes widened at the reminder of the Village's doomed fate then she stood to greet Tsume. Tsume looked completely startled.

"It's starting." Tsume growled. Minako and Tsume quickly changed into their ninja gear, the Fifth Hokage putting on her beloved cloak. She wrapped the Konoha headband around her forehead, a smirk lighting her features.

"I missed the action a bit ya know. Ready to kick some ass Tsume?" Tsume laughed. 

"I've been waiting for you to say that." Tsume and Minako ran off into opposite directions, grabbing their children and grandchildren. They needed to make sure they were safe. Mina tried to stay out of the light, hiding from the average people in the street so they won't reveal her. She entered Naruto's home through the window. The house seemed empty which caused Minako to grow worried.