Chapter 14- Pain

A/N 

Don't hate me plz.

(EDIT: I didn't really like how I ended the chapter so I'm erasing a line.)

-v4k

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

The silence of the world echoed the fear the shinobi of Konoha felt in their hearts. Everything in front of them was either a mystery or death. With one being certain, they opted for the mystery. Minako and Kakashi Hatake, Naruto Uzumaki, and Obito, Sasuke, and Itachi Uchiha were the beloved guardians of the precious Village Hidden in the Leaves. Their undying spirit and power made the shinobi in the Land of Fire believe they were invincible. They were wrong. The village watched in shock over their two Hokage frozen in fear at the task ahead, more so knowing a criminal organization was now in the mix. However the only soothing thought known to the brave shinobi defending their village was seeing Obito and Kakashi standing with the elite force known as the Akatsuki. 

Standing at the center of the line and first to walk forward was a man with bright orange hair and facial piercings. His cloak trailed behind him as an aura of power possessed him.

"By facing our allies, you shall know pain." The deep voice commanded to the two samurai royal heirs. The two men didn't know how to act, never before seeing a group with such a terrifying and stomach dropping presence. The man before them...the orange haired man of the rinnegan meant one thing and one thing only.

Death.

As quick as a breath, the Akatsuki were on the move, two in the air. A blonde man rode a clay bird around the battle field, dropping bombs on the clustered samurai forces.

"An easy target un!" The man grinned dangerously as he summoned larger explosives, killing more samurai. The samurai broke formation and began to charge towards the village. Minako swallowed the dry lump in her throat, preparing herself to face her fears. She nearly feinted when she felt a hand ghost her's.

"Kakashi...I.." She didn't have to say anymore. Her big round eyes exposed the lingering fear in her heart...afraid that it will be on her watch that the most powerful village in the world will fall. Kakashi snaked his hand in her's tightly, offering her a smile under his navy cloth mask.

"You're the love of my life. You and I are going to make it out of this. Obito knows what he's doing. Have faith in him." At the mention of his name, Obito turned back to half smile at the woman he so vehemently loved. 

"Minako...all those years ago, what was the one promise I never gave up on." Obito said, his muscular frame standing before her. She saw a flash of a child like Obito, the one with the goggles she fell in love with so many years before. Now she was looking at a man with power, power so strong it would make her head spin. Power so deep that it reached the heart she forced to beat. His single onyx eye swirled into the mangekyo sharingan, the smile still on his face.

"I promised to protect you. Always." It was in that moment Minako finally understood the length of Obito's love for her. She finally grasped the deep realization of an unspoken truth between two souls so closely bonded. Minako nearly forgot her husband of twenty years standing beside her during her transfixed moment. The red head watched as the Akatsuki worked together, excited to finally have a challenge for once. They were stuck with bounty missions and criminal hires that a full out war was the most exciting thing on their to-do list. The floating paper angel above them shot numerous pieces at the incoming samurai, Pein running towards them as well.

"Pein, Go!" She yelled. The leader was encased in a paper sphere along with approximately two hundred samurai.

"Almighty push." He spoke in his deep voice, instantly crushing the men within the sphere. The ninja shifted their focus to watch as a puppet master used an iron sand jutsu to take out more men, another using black threads from his back, casting tri-elemental blasts onto the army. Minako and Itachi saw one figure and growled in suspicion and shock while watching the man pull out a triple bladed red scythe, kissing a silver medallion before battle.