i knew i should've listened to my mom

"Cas, would you sit still?" Gabe says, brushing his brothers face with some sort of powder. Castiel keeps blinking excessively every time the makeup brush gets remotely close to his eyes.

"Ugh, is all this really necessary? Why can't I just see Dean?"

"Because, it's bad luck."

"Gabe, it's prom, not our wedding night."

"Shut up, Cas, I'm almost done." Gabe adjusts the blue tie and ruffles Castiel's hair once more -despite his objections, the sex hair is back by popular demand.

"So explain why you're not taking Sam again?"

Gabriel sighs dramatically. "I've told you! It would raise questions and I'm just not ready for that yet."

"Have you seen how cool mom and dad have been about Dean? I'm sure they would be chill."

"It's not just them."

"Who, then? Your friends at school? Dude, you're leaving for college next year. You'll never see those fools again. Who cares what they think?"

"You really want to talk, Castiel?" Gabe says, sounding a bit more agitated than Castiel had planned on getting him. "You were depressed for almost three years after you came out at school!"

Castiel looks down at his hands. "Gabe, please. I'm sorry."

Gabriel softens. "No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Okay, you're done. You ready?"

"Yes, finally."

Cas walks down the stairs with his mom holding a camera to his face, probably recording everything. "Mom!"

"What? I just want to get you're reactions! Is that so bad!"

"It's kind of creepy."

"Well fine, I just won't show it to you later."

Castiel rolls his eyes and continues walking until Dean is in view. Cas see's Dean first and stops in his tracks, instantly mesmerized by the sight. His mind automatically wonders: if Dean looks this good for junior prom, imagine how he will look on their wedding day.

Cas mentally slaps himself. Wedding day? How about college first! Priorities, Cas. How could he even think like that? He shakes his head to clear his thoughts.

When Dean spots Cas, his whole face brightens and he walks over to give Cas a quick peck.

"You know, it's taking a lot for me to not start making out with you right now in front of your whole family," Dean whispers so that only Castiel can hear him.

"Oh trust me, it's not so easy for me either."

"Guys, stop whispering! The camera can't hear what you're saying!" Castiel's mom shouts.

"Cas, you look hot," Dean says at a normal talking decibel.

"I doubt I look better than you!" Cas exclaims. And it's true, both boys did look godly in their getups.

"Smile!" Mrs. Novak says, earning a glare from Castiel.

After pictures - and Gabriel whining about not having a date to his senior prom yet again - Anna and Charlie roll up in Charlie's car to pick the boys up. The two get into the back and wave goodbye to Castiel's parents.

"I couldn't say this in front of my family," Cas begins, "But nice ass!"

Dean chuckles. "Nice sex hair."

"I still don't get why you like it so much! It literally just looks like I rolled out of bed."

"Exactly! It's natural, and trust me, natural-you is sexy."