you are my bad boy, my little pile of joy

Castiel stares at the number on the napkin. Dean told him to call him after school. He was about to type the number into his phone when his brother, Gabriel, walks in.

"Ooooh, what's that? Did you get a girls number? Oh wait, sorry I forgot. Did you get a boys number? Is he cute? Who made the first move? Did he-"

"Shut up, Gabriel. Yes, I got a boys number-"

"OH MY GOD-"

"Gabriel! Shut up before dad hears."

Gabriel gasps. "Sorry, Cassie. Hey, are you guys going on a date? I'll totally cover for you."

Castiel smiles at his brother. "Thank you, Gabriel." He knows his brother doesn't have to lie for him. But Gabriel had always been protective towards his little brother.

"Ew, don't call me that. Anyways, I'm so going to help you get ready. You can borrow some of my cologne and hair stuff since you'll be needing it desperately-" Castiel decides he's heard enough and pushes his brother out of his bedroom.

He looks back down at the napkin and types in every digit carefully, making sure to triple check before taking a deep breath and hitting the call button. It rang about five times and Cas was about to hang up when he hears a rough "Hello" from the other line.

His heart skips a few times before he clears his throat to respond. "Did I wake you?"

"Um, yeah, but that's okay. I needed to get up anyways. This is Cas right?"

"Oh, yeah sorry."

"You apologize too much."

"Sorry."

Dean laughs faintly and Cas tries to imagine his face right now. He guessed he was smiling, and probably had bedhead from the nap he just took. Cas tries not to think too much about the bedhead.

"So I was thinking," Dean begins, "Meet me at my place tonight? Sam will be here, but he's been sleeping like crazy since he got out of the hospital. Must be the pills they gave him. Anyways, dad is going out tonight so it would be private. And I can cook."

"Sure, Dean. What time?"

"Is six okay?"

"Dean, it's six fifteen right now."

"Oh," he chuckles, "Must've slept longer than I thought. Seven?"

"Yeah, I can do seven."

"Great! I'll text you the address."

Dean hangs up without a goodbye and Cas stares at his phone until a text message appears with the address, just like Dean promised.

Suddenly, Gabriel bursts onto Castiel's room again with an excited squeal. "I just happened to hear everything you said through the very thin walls and I'm so happy for you! Seven, right? We've got to get you ready!"

And with that, Gabriel rushes out, only to come back with a few items in hand. A comb, hair gel, breath mints, and a bottle of expensive cologne. "So what are you going to tell dad?" He asks, a little quieter this time.

"I guess that I'm going to the library to study."

"Yeah, that's good. You do that a lot so he won't suspect anything."