Part 19

"Rowan, I'm fine!"

"Okay well how do I know that for sure?"

It had been one year since the fight in the park with Peyton and Connor. Me and Connor had stayed close friends since, but me and Peyton, not so much. Rowan has been trying to make me talk to him again, but it just wasn't the same. We didn't talk all day long like we used to, or FaceTime until one of us falls asleep. We just said 'hi', 'how's it going?', 'Good', 'Good'.

"Row, if I'm not fine I'll tell you."

"That's exactly what you said to Peyton a year ago and look where that got you!"

I frown at her comment. "I know."

We walk into the set building and pass Peyton and Corey. I say hi to Corey, then stare blankly at Peyton. He gives me a slight smile and I return the same. After a few seconds of awkward quietness, me and Row walk into my dressing room.

"Hey Sabrina I'm gonna go change really quick, okay?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

She walks out and leaves the door open, so I walk over and close it myself. When I'm walking back to my couch, everything starts sounding fuzzy and my vision starts getting weird. Then I hear a knock on the door, and just as I am about to open it, I fall right into it.

•••

"Sabrina? Sabrina what happened? Hey! Wake up!"

I flutter my eyes open to see Peyton holding my head on his lap, and the rest of my body on the floor.

"Peyton?" I whisper.

"Yeah. Yeah it's me."

"What happened?"

"You passed out, I think."

I start panicking. "I don't remember what happened!"

He tenses up.

"The last thing I remember is getting up to shut the door!"

He pulls me into a tight, warm hug. We haven't really hugged much since the fight at the park, so this one felt extra special.

"Your okay now, Sab."

He hands me a glass of water and rubs my back. "So we haven't talked in forever."

"Yeah..."

"What?"

"Well that's what I came here to do."

I furrow my eyebrows.

"Listen, Sabrina, we've always been the best of friends and I miss that."

"Okay well we would still be good friends if you hadn't thrown a hissy fit at the park!"

"What was I supposed to do! He could have come between us!"

"You really think I would have chosen him over you? I love you!" We stare at each other with the same blank expression on our faces. "I'm sorry. That just came out."

"It's okay."

We just sit there for a few seconds before Rowan walks in.