Chapter 17

How do you guys like the new cover?? Thank you goldie 523!!

Recap

I slowly opened the door and found the room to be pitch dark. Is he sleeping? He probably is considering it is a school day tomorrow. I slowly removed my socks and slid into the bed beside him, making sure to keep a fair amount of distance between us. In a way I was happy that he was asleep, now I wouldn't have to face him.

"Oh so you decided to come back? I thought you were going to spend the night with your boyfriend."

Did he just say that?

I think I'm dreaming?

"Well, you thought wrong." I said partly to check if he really said those words.

"Being the slut you are I wouldn't be surprised."

There was so much venom in his voice that I actually heard my heart break. I cannot believe his words were hurting me so much. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. My throat gave me immense pain because I was trying to control my pain. Without saying another word I turned around going as far away as possible and let the tears flow freely. That night I silently cried myself to sleep.

Chapter 17

The next day I wasn't surprised to find the bed empty beside me. I heard the shower running so I assumed he was getting ready for school. I lazily got out of bed, my eyes still hurting from all the crying last night.

His words were still ringing around in my ears.

Maybe I am a slut.

That's why all guys are only attracted to my body. They have never liked me for my personality.

I chose my outfit for the day. They were sweats and a hoodie. I stopped at the mirror and noticed how red and swollen my eyes looked.

Wow I looked like shit.

I was brought out of my reverie when I heard the bathroom door open. I did not have the courage to meet his eyes. I could not bear the hate he has towards me. So I did what I do best, I kept my eyes low and went straight into the bathroom.

I noticed him looking at me from the corner of his eyes, but I never turned around. I don't even want to see his face.

I quickly took a shower and changed into my baggy outfit. Next, I walked into the room to find it completely empty.

What else would I expect, Jason standing there with a rose ready to apologize?

I took my bag and left for the kitchen. As usual Jason was waiting for me, however this time the cheerful sound of Jason's mother was missing. There was an extremely awkward silence as I went to grab a granola bar. I could feel his eyes wandering around my body, closely analysing me. As soon as I grabbed my granola bar I headed towards Jason's car. Like always the shiny red vehicle stood in the garage waiting for the passengers to board.

It's hard to imagine that the guy I was shopping with yesterday is the same one I can't even look at right now. Things change too fast. And I am finding it very hard to keep up.

The ride to school was as silent as ever. I was slowly getting used to this awkward silence. Once we got to the parking lot Jason left the car without wasting a single second inside.

I don't think he realizes how much these little actions hurt me. To be honest I don't know why these things he does hurt me so much. I remember a time where I couldn't care less. But now, for some reason I actually care. His words cause me pain, his actions make my heart break.