Chapter 18: Ivan

She stood there after Agent Johnson shot the bullet. She just stood there, a grin on her face. In her outstretched fingers, a single bullet.

Johnson looked at her in shock, a face that most likely mimicked mine.

As she threw the bullet on the ground, she moved toward Johnson, and did a round house style kick to the side of his body. Even from the distance that I stood from the scene, I could hear the sickening crunch of ribs broken. An ear-piercing scream broke the silence that had settled among the battle-field.

"That's enough!"

She turned to look at me with a dullness in her eyes. I knew that look. I saw it in the face of every cadet.

She didn't mean to hurt anyone. She only did it because she had to. Because she needed to.

I knew what she wanted, her reason. She would've escaped earlier if she could, but she needed something. Or someone.

She needed her mother before she could continue. But, this was not an option. If the mission is to commence, then we would need Ivory and Genevieve, whether she liked it or not.

"Ivory, stop! That is enough!

Your mother wouldn't be proud to see you like this."

I didn't want to do this, I could see she was already nearing tears, but I had to get her. Or else.

"I know where your mother is. I can take you to h-"

"STOP!"

She was sobbing now, but, her tears were so ocean blue. That's when I finally noticed her appearance.

Her skin was white! She had the deepest blue eyes, and her hair was white too! She looked so different, alien.

She noticed me staring at her, then she turned to face me.

"My mum will always be proud of me! She told me so herself. In fact, you should be ashamed! Ashamed that you had the AUDACITY TO SEND OUT GOOD MEN LIKE THEY WERE NOTHING BUT PAWNS, PAWN TO PROTECT THE KING! THEY DIDN'T DESERVE THIS! They didn't deserve this..."

She was sobbing so much. As her tears touched the dry dirt, it seemed to become fertilised, renewed. Her tears seemed to be able to bring back life! She was amazing! As I stood there smiling at her broken figure, she saw me.

"What are you smiling at?"

Her voice came out as a mere whisper.

"I said, WHAT ARE YOU SMILING AT?!"

As I felt a sedatives gun fall into my hand, I shot it before she could react.

As she tumbled onto the floor, I said one word.

"You."