Prolouge

Jessiah rushes down the street with a child in her arms. She had to transform to fit in, so her wings weren’t of any use. She looks all around trying to find a house to drop the child off at, the sooner the better.

She looks behind her to make sure she wasn’t being followed. She wasn’t. She let out a sigh of relief and slowed her pace. She turns toward the street, and watches all the cars as they drove past. 

She has always thought Manchester was a dark, dreary place, but it was the only place she could think of at the time. She looks down at the child in her arms, peacefully sleeping. Her eyes flicker open and she stares up at her mother with her amazing golden eyes. Jessiah brings her hand up and brushes back the child’s ginger hair. She’s the spitting image of her mother. 

She looks up from the baby, trying to hold back her tears as she continues down the sidewalk. She’s found the most remote part of the city she could hoping that her daughter can live here and not be harmed. 

She turns a corner, and realizes someone walking straight towards her, their gaze locked on her. She panics and runs back the way she came. She peaks behind her and sees the person still following her. She turns down a street, and looks at all the buildings as she passes. All of them look so run down and poor, but she really has no choice. 

She runs up to the closest one, places the child on the porch, whispering her last goodbyes, then knocks on the door. She hurries down the stairs and hides behind a bush  to watch. 

A thin woman with short brunet hair opens the door, “Hello?” She begins to walk out, when her foot lightly hits the child. She looks down and gasps, “Charles! Come here quick!” She bends down and picks up the child, cradling her like she was her own. Soon a young thin man walks out the door, his hair all tousled.

“Who’s is it?” He asks in a raspy voice as he looks at the baby.

“No idea, I don’t see anyone around. What do you suggest we do?” His wife turns  to him with concern masking her face. He takes the child form her arms, and looks at her sweet innocent smiling face.

“There’s only one thing to do.” He looks up at his wife. “Raise her like she’s ours. So what do you want to name her?” He asks with a kind sincere voice as they make their way back into their home.

Tears stream down Jessiah’s face. She’s happy to see her baby girl find a safe place to grow up, but she’s devastated to see her go. She starts to back up, but someone grabs her putting their hand over her mouth. She tries to let out a squeal but she realizes there’s a rag he was holding to her face with a chemical covering it. 

“This is your own fault.” He hisses in her ear as everything around her fades.

Ethan struts down the promenade of California, obviously in no hurry. He knows he lost the people after him. He’s just worried about Jessiah. 

He loves her as much as a demon can love someone, but he knows she isn’t the most capable person out there. She’s always flustered and worried, but that’s why he was there. To make sure she’s relaxed, and has fun.

He turns onto a long street with houses lining both sides. He looks at the blond baby bundled in his arms. She’s the reason why he’s in so much trouble. There’s a man out there who wants to end her life, and he isn’t going to allow it. She has every right to live in his mind, just as her sister does too. 

The child is crying hysterically not wanting to calm down no matter what, despite that she’s his favorite. She’s so much like himself. Pale blond hair, fierce personality, everything he could want in a daughter. His other daughter is Jessiah’s favorite. Calm and sweet, just like her. She’s soothing to be around, but this one is still the best. 

Putting all that aside, he walks up to one of the houses at random, and places the blubbering child on the mat that reads ‘Welcome’. He rings the doorbell twice hoping for someone to be home, then goes around the corner of the house to watch. 

Fortunately, a short woman appears in the doorway. She looks down at the child, and rolls her eyes. She mutters something to herself as she picks up the child and takes her inside. Ethan stands there scowling at her as she disappears back into the house. 

“That human better take good care of her.” He turns and starts walking down the sidewalk, happy he got her to a house at least. 

Soon a silver sedan drives into view, and pulls over a ways down the street. He fearlessly continues to walk. Someone steps out of the passenger seat and he recognizes him right away, but he doesn’t stop. The man leans up against the car waiting for Ethan to pass. 

He walks past the man, but is stopped by his voice, “Care to tell us which house the child is in?” Ethan laughs as he turns to face him.

“You really think I’d tell you?” The other man’s face twists with anger, but then changes to a mischievous smile.

“I think you just might.” He says as he pulls open the back door of the car. There sits Jessiah, tied up, muted, and out cold.

“Do you have the other child?” Ethan asks concerned,  his eyes fixed on Jessiah. 

“We can’t tell you that.” The man says trying to be sneaky about it. Ethan laughs looking up at the guy.

“That was just an act. You obviously don’t if you had to capture Jessiah, so why hide it?” He pushes past the guy, lifting Jessiah, so he can sit. He slams the door shut, and lays Jessiah’s head on his leg. He looks out at the window at the man staring. Ethan rolls down the window, “You coming or what? I’m pretty sure the driver here could care less if we left you.”

The man climbs into the car, “What are you doing? I thought you might have given up the child to save your love.”

“Well too bad for you, her and I had discussed this and decided we will pay the consequences not matter what. We vowed to protect our twins.” Ethan sighs. “But if you’re wondering if it hurts knowing what our fate is, knowing that I’m going to lose the love of my life and my life, then yes. It does. But I’ll just have to deal with it.”

“That’s going to be a nice speech to give to the Angel Empire as they execute you and your lover.”

DemonWithAngelWings wrote this amazing prolouge! Hope you all enjoy our crazy story!