Chapter Sixteen

*Two days later*

Isy's pov:

My mum has seen much less stressed out now that the custody battle is over. She seems the happiest and most relaxed I've seen her in months. It makes me happy. I finally feel like I can have a real family. Tyler, mum, and me. No more worrying about Cameron. I can't even call him my dad. It doesn't feel right. I guess a part of me it still hurt that Cameron couldn't be my dad, but I think I can begin to heal a little bit from that now. I no longer have to deal with Olivia's rudeness and Ashley's entitlement. Olivia thought I was her servant, and Ashley thought she was above me. I could've easily gotten along with them if they had allowed me into their lives. I get that it was hard for them to have someone from another marriage in their house, but it was no picnic for me either. I hope Cameron enjoys his family without me. It's not like I was ever a very important part of his life anyways.

"Mum, can I go to Emily's?" I asked, entering the living room.

"Sure, honey. Is she gonna pick you up?" Mum asked.

"Yeah. I was texting her earlier," I told my mum. There was a knock at the door.

"Is that Em now?" Mum asked me. I blushed.

"Sorry. I assumed you'd be fine with it, so I just told her you said yes," I confessed.

"It's okay, but in the future, give me more of a heads up," mum smirked. I smiled and answered the door.

"Hi, Emily!" I chirped, hugging my older cousin.

"Hey Isy. Go wait in the car," Emily told me. I nodded and went to her car.

Megan's pov:

"What's up, Em?" I asked my niece.

"How has Isy been?" Emily asked.

"You mean with Cameron?" I asked.

"Yeah. Is she bothered with the battle?" Emily asked concerned.

"She doesn't like talking about it, but from the bits and pieces I've gotten out of her, she seems okay. A bit hurt that her own father doesn't want her, but glad that she can escape it now," I sighed.

"That's good," Emily smiled.

"Emily, you don't have to worry for Isy. Believe me, I appreciate it so much that you care about her. I'm so happy that Isy has you. You remind me of Liz in that way. She watched out for me the way you look out for Isy," I smiled. Emily gave a nod, slightly bothered that I had brought up Liz.

"Please don't tell me you two are fighting," I sighed.

"Eh same old, same old," Emily shrugged.

"So you're fighting," I raised my eye brows.

"Yeah," Emily said matter of factly.

"Em, what did you do?" I asked, placing my hand on my forehead.

"Mum wanted me to start dinner, but I was going out, so I refused. Dad wasn't home, so we both knew she couldn't make me do anything," Emily said, clearly proud of herself.

"Em, give your mum a break. She works so hard for you and Saige, whether you realize it or not. She's stressed too. Go easy on her," I told my niece. Emily shrugged.

"Well, I got go. Bye Me-Me. Love you," Emily told me.

"Love you too, Em," I told her.

Emily's pov:

I walked out to my car where Isy was patiently waiting in the passenger's seat.

"Hey," I smiled, getting in the car and pulling out of the drive way.