Chapter Six

*A few days later*

Megan's pov:

I haven't told Isy about the custody battle yet. I know I need to tell her eventually. I just haven't figured out to do it. I'm afraid that she'll get excited, and then if I lose, she'll be heart broken. I told Liz about what's going on. She thinks it's great that I'm fighting for full custody, but she thinks I should tell Isy as soon as possible.

"Hey Isy," I smiled as my daughter entered the kitchen. She gave me a small smile in return. I handed her a plate with a pancake, some fruit, and a sausage. She thanked me and sat down.

She nibbled her sausage. She ate all of her fruit. She didn't eat much of her pancake. That's unlike her. She usually eats all of her breakfast.

"That's all you're eating?" I asked, raising my eye brows. Isy nodded.

"Yeah. I'm not too hungry right now, and besides, I gotta get to school," Isy explained. I gave a slight nod. Tyler entered the kitchen.

"Who's taking me to school?" Isy asked.

"I will. I'm going to work anyway," Tyler said. Isy hugged me before walking to the car outside.

"Bye babe. I love you," Tyler kissed me.

"I love you too," I smiled. He exited the house, and I was alone.

What's going on with Isy? She's been acting so strange lately. Something seems to be stressing her out. Did she hear me talking to my lawyer? Did she overhear me talking to Tyler about going to court? No. Even if she did, she was acting odd before I decided to fight for full custody. What's going on with my daughter?

Isy's pov:

Tyler dropped me off in front of the school.

"Bye sweetheart. Have a good day," Tyler smiled.

"Thanks, you too. Love you," I smiled.

"Love you too," he said before driving off. I nervously walked towards the entrance of my school. I didn't want to deal with Leigh today.

My mom seemed suspicious this morning because I wouldn't eat all my food. I wasn't hungry. I was too nervous for school to be hungry. Besides, Leigh always calls me fat.

Last night, I cried myself to sleep. I've never cried myself to sleep at my mom's house. At my dad's house, it's not unusual. But at my mom's, that never happens. I kept thinking about Leigh and before I knew it, tears were putting me to sleep.

This morning, I had to use make up. Not a lot. All I did was put foundation on my cheek so that my mom wouldn't see the bruise Leigh gave me. She slapped me because I accidentally bumped into her. I told Emily about it. She used words that my mom always says I can't use.

My mom has been acting weird these last few days. She's been sort of secretive. I hope everything's all right.

I was snapped out my thoughts when I hit some lockers. I sighed, knowing Leigh had pushed me. I turned around to face her.

"Hey freak show," she smirked. I looked down.

"What? Cat got your tongue? Answer me you ugly freak," she spat.

"Hi," I managed to whisper. Leigh giggled.

"You're so fat and ugly. No wonder no one loves you. Even your parents divorced so your dad could get away from you," Leigh laughed. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I tried not to let them fall, but Leigh saw one slide down my face.