Chapter Thirty-Two: Cole Is As Insatiable As My Craving For Refined Sugar

Last chapter but don't be sad fam, I am writing BOOK THREE FOR COLESSA, YAY. 

Chapter Thirty-Two: Cole Is As Insatiable As My Craving For Refined Sugar 

The Bad Boy's Heart

Epilogue

Two Months Later

An unpopular opinion if I'd ever heard one is that things happen for a reason. Whenever someone like me for example would use that cliched phrase, they'd get booed and told to stop sitting on their butts and do something about whatever's causing them to use the sorry excuse for a saying in the first place. The naysayers, I suppose believe that things don't just happen for a reason and if you accept that without doing anything about it then you're the one at fault, not destiny. If the thing that's happened is a setback in any way, you're not just supposed to accept the cards you've been dealt, you're supposed to fight back. If what's happened is positive, then you do not attribute it to some mystical power, you believe you deserve the good that comes your way.

Things happen for a reason and I side with the believers and the non-believers. If times are tough, if I've gone through an experience that is challenging and threatens to break my resolve, my answer to it won't be to say that the universe has it out for me or that I'm the sacrificial goat for the greater good. No, you bet I'll fight. And when the good comes my way, I'll be the first to say that I've worked hard to achieve whatever it is that I get. So, some may call me a non-believer.

But some things in life do happen for a reason, a reason you may not know or figure out at the time. Things like a devilish dark haired, blue eyed boy in kindergarten taking one look at you and deciding that you were his. His to tease, his to anger, his to make laugh, his to love, his to protect.

His.

And I can't fathom what I did to deserve someone like Cole Grayson Stone. For a girl who has spent so much time wishing the people in her life could just love her back, the way she loves them it's absolutely mind boggling that I have a man in my life whose devotion to me threatens to constantly split my heart right open, just because of how powerful it is. We're young, nineteen soon to turn twenty and people will tell us that there's more to life than finding the great love of your life in high school. Most people who don't know us are sceptical, they don't think we'll make it past college because rarely do high school relationships survive the next four years. In college you grow up, you figure out who you want to be for the rest of your life. Four years of freedom, of experiencing life in a completely different way, a series of firsts you've never had before.

It's supposed to change a person, it's supposed to change who you are and what you want from life. The person you see yourself being with at age eighteen, graduating high school with might not be the same person whose hand you want to hold when you're getting your degree and are ready to step out in the real world. The thought is mildly terrifying, one can never know when that epiphanic moment occurs when you realise that your priorities have changed, that you have changed. I could spend the next three years holding my breath, waiting for Cole to realise that I'm not the person he sees himself with anymore.

Or I can trust, I can trust that the boy who walked into my life two year ago is now the man who has slain dragons for me. He's changed me forever, for the better and everyday he makes me love him a little bit more. Everyday he does something that truly makes me believe that things happen for a reason, people come into your life for a reason and that maybe, soulmates exist after all. Because when you find that one person, the one you think about everyday when you're not with them, who makes your heart soar with happiness when they're around, who make everything in life better, easier because you know you've got at least one person who'll be happy when you are, sad when you are, offer you a shoulder to cry on, arm to offer you love and comfort on the days you need it.