Chapter Twenty-Nine: I Feel Like I'm the Kevin To Your Joe and Nick Jonas!

Here guys: This is a real couple called Cole and Tessa that me and my twitter fam obsessively stalked! I'll leave a link to the blog post in the external link so that we can all fangirl over the possibility that there really are two people called Cole and Tessa in the world who're in love and married, eeeeeep.

Chapter Twenty-Nine: I Feel Like I'm The Kevin To Your Joe and Nick Jonas 

Chapter Twenty-Nine

"You want to go out and get something to eat?" Cami pops her head inside my room, looking a little hesitant. With the way I've managed to coop myself within these four walls for over a day and a half, I don't blame her being careful around me. She thinks I'm wallowing in self pity and despair because of my problems with Cole but I've got an internet history ready to prove that instead of wallowing, I've been researching and boy have I collected some good information. So despite the setback that my conversations with Cassandra and Cole have caused, I decide to live a little and I let her know that I'll be ready in fifteen minutes.

"So," Cami's never one to beat around the bush and I'm starting to wonder what took her so long so ask me the questions she's going to probably ask now, "do I want to know what went down yesterday? Lan said he went back to his place last night and Cole's room was a mess. Well, to use his words it looked like someone Nutribulleted the space and apparently Cole had been intending to do more damage."

It's not my place to tell her Cole's secrets, he'll do that when he's ready but what I can do is admit to my mistakes. "I had a come to Jesus moment yesterday or rather Cole was forced to trick my thick brain into it."

She raises a brow and I explain, "Why didn't anyone tell me that I made a horrible girlfriend?"

"Because you don't?"

"Really? So you don't think it's unfair that Cole's always there being me knight in shining armour while I put the entire feminist movement to shame with my damsel in distress act?"

"You're being a little too hard on yourself don't you think? So Cole's a little protective of you, that's understandable given what a telenovela your life is and I'm sure if Cole goes through something similar you'll do the same for him."

He did go through something similar, I want to yell at her! He's still going through it, something big and life changing and he refuses to share it with me. I hit the back of my head against the elevator wall, closing my eyes and thinking about Cole's words. While I'd lashed out at him yesterday, he'd only been stating the truth. I've never been there for him in the kind of way he's been there for me. He's so intuitive when it comes to me, always knowing that I'm upset or suffering just by a look and he goes all out to make sure that I don't get hurt. It devastates me that I've failed him, that I've been so focused on protecting myself, thinking that pushing the football player side of him out of my head and out of my life would me retain some sense of confidence over our relationship that I've missed something that should've been so obvious.