Chapter Two

Ripley's POV

         I jerked awake in an instant, the sound of breaking glass and squealing tires haunting me. It was the same dream I had every month on the 14th since 2009. Why it only haunted me on the 14th I still couldn't understand. I brought a hand to my chest, feeling my heart pound and the sweat that was no doubt coating my body. I threw my feet over the side of the bed and padded out of my room, grabbing some clothes and a towel. The boys weren't up yet so the house was pretty quiet, I paused in the middle of the hallway, enjoying the sound of silence. If you asked me, you could learn a lot when there was no noise. 

         My dad always said when I was younger that to be one with everything, you just had to listen. When he and my mom died, that's what I started doing, listening. Sure I talk, but I always make it a point to stop and have just a small moment of peace every day. I smiled to myself and continued to the bathroom. I was guessing it was around 6:00 in the morning and that I had a good amount of time before I had to wake everyone up. I'd always been a morning person, even before I became the boys' keeper. I knew for a fact Rex, Jer, Dean and Tommy could sleep through an atomic bomb dropping and I just wondered how they managed before I showed up.

         I stepped under the warm spray of water and let my muscles relax, the stickiness from the sweat immediately washing off. I grabbed my cherry scented shampoo and washed my hair, making sure to rinse good. I grabbed the blueberry condtioner and started running it through my hair, the lyrics to one of my favorite songs popping into my head. I might as well get a start on waking the boys up, I thought with an evil smirk.

         "Wondering how to fix these damages, all these goddamn damages, cover myself with bandages, from all these goddamn damages!" I belted out, using a razor as a microphone. Smart choice, right? I quieted down, listening to the sound of feet stomping up and down the hallway. Yep, somebody's defiantly awake! Mission accomplished! If I was right, and I usually am, Sid was awake and would be ripping the covers off of Rexon any minute now and telling him to shut me up. How lovely. I grabbed my vanilla scented body wash and made a sweep of my body, the hot water running out. This was totally Sid's doing. The ingenious bastard.

         I tugged on my skinny jeans and grabbed a Simple Plan band tee before running downstairs and dodging a football being thrown in the kitchen.

         "Are you guys sure you're in college? You're acting more like middle schoolers put the football down or go outside!" I shouted, trying to find a clean bowl and some Fruity Pebbles. The back door slammed shut and I smiled to myself. They knew better then to not listen to me. Rexon walked into the kitchen, a scowl on his face. I smirked.

         "Good morning sunshine!! How are you this fine morning my lovely, handsome brother?" I asked, throwing my bowl in the sink and grabbing a box of orange juice from the fridge. I turned around and came face to face with a very angry older brother. 

         "Did you have to belt out Hollywood Undead this morning? It's the third day of school." He growled, shoving a piece of bread into the toaster. I stifled a laugh, placing my hand in front of my mouth and preparing a retort.

         "Awh, but you see, dear brother, it's not the first day of school. At least I gave you two days before I hopped back into my routine. Anyway, I really must be going."

         "Whatever." With that parting sentiment I grabbed my vans and ran out the front door. Jace could drive himself today.

           "You're exceptionally chipper today. Have I gotten my old Ri back?" Selly said, she was standing by my locker, eating an apple.

           "I'm feeling really...normal I guess. I feel like my old self I guess." I slammed my locker shut and we headed to lunch. I really was feeling like my old self and I embraced the carefree feeling it instilled in me. I could be a normal teenager and still take care of the boys right? Of course, I don't know why I took care of them anyway, they were all in their twenties pretty much shouldn't they be able to handle stuff on their own?