Chapter Eight

Ripley's POV.

     Numb. By now I didn't feel the beatings, by now I didn't feel the pain. I no longer cared that I was human punching bag. My heart gave up the race a long time ago. You know how sometimes you can take yourself out of situations mentally and just go through the motions? How you can just distance yourself from everything and everyone and break it all off? I was as distanced as it gets. Every part of me screamed in agony but I just couldn't bring myself to stop it, to end it. 

     Shifting on the bed my body ached, my bruises pulsing and throbbing with just a gentle touch. A small groan escaped my lips and my eyes fluttered open. Sunlight was streaming through my curtains and I could feel two people asleep on either side of me. 

      Looking over I saw Selly on my left and Jace on my right. My heart quickened. If Damien finds out Jace spent the night in my bed there will be trouble. My brain started flying through the different ways he would beat me, force me to see his way and a lump rose in my throat. I have to get Jace out of here, now. Sitting up slowly a louder groan escaped my lips, pain racking through my lower body. Last nights beating must have been worse then I thought. 

      Selly mumbled something in her sleep and shifted onto her back, drool coming out of the corners of her mouth. Laughter escaped my lips before I silenced it, not liking the pain that it triggered. Poking Jace in the side I crawled onto my knees. Much to my dismay Jace didn't even flinch. Poking him repeatedly I began to get frustrated. My eyebrows creased together and I slapped him on the back of the head. He still didn't move. What the hell?

     Sighing I crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom, grabbing a glass of cold water. Smiling to myself I made my way back to my room and stood at least a foot away from the bed, grinning at what I was about to do. Selly sat up, took one look at the cup in my hand and sprung out of bed, pressing one hand to her mouth and giving me a thumbs up with the other. I nodded my head and held up my fingers, silently counting back from five. 

     When I reached one I slung the cup toward Jace and was satsified when he jumped up, letting out a very girly scream. Selly and I burst out laughing and a few seconds later Reese, Rexon and Jer came rushing into the room. 

     "What's wrong?" Rexon shouted, rushing over to me. I couldn't speak from laughing so hard so I just pointed at Jace, shaking my head. Rexon rolled his eyes and turned around, shoving Jer and Reese out of the room. 

     "What the hell Ripley!" Jace yells, wiping water out of his eyes. I almost wince at his harsh tone and loud voice but quickly recover, reminding myself I was with Jace and Selly not Damien. 

     Calming my laughter I look up at him, a smile still on my lips. "Oh come one Jace, it's just a little water!" Suddenly he growls and jumps off the bed, reaching to grab my arm. My eyes widen and even though it hurts I turn on my heel and run out of the room, heading straight for Southerlands room.  

     I can hear Jace hot on my heels but I don't slow down, thankful for all the runs I've went on over the last few years. 

    "I'm gonna get you!" Ignoring him I push myself harder, seriously irritated at how long this hallway is. Finally I skid to a halt in front of the room I'm aiming for and throw the door open, skipping in and slamming it shut, flipping the lock. For some reason this is the only room in the entire house with a lock that always works. Such insanity.

    "Uh?" Looking up I see Southerland looking at me, his acoustic resting in his lap. His eyebrows were raised and his mouth half open. I chuckled before strolling over to his bed and plopping down, grabbing a Mountain Dew off the table next to me.