Chapter 8, Some Months Later

5 Months Later, Lucy's Pov, 

Christmas was in a week an everyone was getting along pretty well. Levy and I had gotten close as I saw Mira getting close with Juvia and Erza was getting close with Wendy. Laxus and Jellal got along pretty well as did Romeo and Natsu. Everyone noticed how Romeo looked up to Natsu, it was cute. Gray and Natsu did fight a lot but Erza always stopped them. Gajeel would sometimes join Natsu's and Gray's stupid fights when they upset him. It got pretty ugly at times when they had fights but Mira always got Erza to stop them.

I was walking to Igneel's office as I was wearing a pink jumper with jeans. I knocked on the door, waiting for an answer. "Come in Lucy" I heard Igneel's voice on the other side of the door. He always knew my knocks. I opened the door and went inside to see Igneel sitting at his desk, reading a newspaper. I smiled as I closed the door behind me. Igneel looked up to me. "You want to know something?" Igneel asked reading me like a book. He and his son could do that pretty easy. I nodded, sighing a little.

"What is your plan Igneel? Anyone can see your planning something" I then answered with a question, hoping that Igneel would answer. He always like to make you play the guessing game. He hated to give an answer. "You are the first to question me about my planning" Igneel just had an amused look on his face. You could see where Natsu got his cocky side from. I crossed my arms, waiting for an answer. "You act like Natsu more than you think Lucy" Igneel chuckled as I took a deep breath to keep calm.

He was trying to bore me out. Trying to find a way for me to drop my question. "Answer the question please" I then replied trying to sound calm as Igneel shook his head a little. He then stood up walking over to me. "Mard Geer will have his own team of demons fighting to kill in this year and Natsu needs to get his E.N.D side to trust others and we learned that only happens when your around" Igneel then started to explain. Natsu's demon/dragon form, E.N.D. At first I was pretty scared of it but now I still see that idiot in there.

"You will need to come with me to the arena also so Natsu can keep some control of course" Igneel then shocked me. M-me leaving the mansion? I stood there shocked as Igneel chuckled once again. "Now no telling Natsu just yet, he has to work on training more than wanting to beat me up" Igneel then kicked me out of his office. I was still a little shocked. I headed to my room to think until I was spun around from behind to then face Natsu. "I know that face, what did my father say?" Natsu then asked crossing his arms.

"I-I thought you was training" I didn't want to answer Natsu. I knew he had to work on getting stronger for the games. "Lucy answer me" Natsu then pinned me to the wall next to her. I felt my cheeks slowly start to burn up. This was bad. "Y-your father doesn't want me to tell you" I then whispered, knowing Natsu would be able to hear with his dragon hearing. I saw in Natsu's eyes he was upset. "Lucy just tell me" Natsu then ordered as I played with my hair, looking around he ground. "E.N.D" I then whispered.

I knew that was all I needed to say. Natsu froze a little and then moved, freeing me from the wall. "Anything else I should know?" Natsu then asked as I could tell he was trying to keep a calm voice. "Mard Geer could be having a team of demons to kill you" I then answered quietly and worried. I was a little scared that Mard Geer would kill Natsu as well. It was quiet for a little while as I felt Natsu's hand go on my cheek. I looked at him, my cheeks starting to burn as if they was on fire. "I will make Mard Geer pay Lucy" Natsu whispered.

He placed his forehead on mine. I felt my eyes starting to water a bit. Natsu knew I wanted him to pay. He knew I wanted pay back. "I promise you" Natsu then whispered as I couldn't help but smile. "T-thank you Natsu" I whispered back as Natsu then moved his forehead and walked off, heading toward Igneel's office. I took deep breaths, calming my cheeks and face down as I headed to the library. Once I got inside I saw Levy and Mira grabbing some books. They soon looked at me. "Your face is bright red, Natsu?" Mira smirked, asking.

My cheeks were on fire once again. "I take that as a yes" Mira giggled as Levy shook her head, walking over. "Sorry about her" Levy sighed as I smiled at her. "I-it's fine" I replied as Mira then put some books down on a table before walking over, her smirk growing. "So how long you had a thing for Natsu?" Mira asked in a sing song my cheeks felt like they was going to melt. Levy glared at Mira a little. "Mira" Levy snapped as Mira giggled at our friend and me. "Come on Lucy" Mira then begged walking closer, hugging my arm.

"I-I ummm" I didn't know how to answer. I didn't even want to. "You don't have to answer her" Levy soon came to my side as Mira sighed. "Why you get in the way of my fun?" Mira pouted as she let go of my arm and crossed her arms upset. I giggled a little as Levy then dragged me off towards a pile of books. At lest I had someone on my side when it came to Mira's crazy shipping side.