Chapter 5, Mard Geer

Levy's Pov, 

I was worried about Lucy. Igneel had everyone in the team but Erza standing in the welcome room. Natsu looked upset. Soon Igneel opened the door taking a deep breath. "Natsu, no starting something" he soon ordered as Natsu had a fire in his eye. He wasn't going to listen. He looked more upset by the second. Everyone got ready as my eyes widen. Mard Geer was standing at the doorway smirking....

"Igneel" Mard Geer then looked at all of us and then landed his eyes on Natsu

"Igneel" Mard Geer then looked at all of us and then landed his eyes on Natsu. His smirk grew making a little scared. "So I finally meet the youngest son of the Dragneel's" Mard Geer laughed as Natsu's hands turned into fist. He clenched his teeth together glaring at Mard Geer. Trying to hold back but it was easy to see he was failing. "I can see you still upset, you was close with that little blondie weren't you?" Mard Geer asked as Natsu set himself on fire. "What do you want Mard?" Igneel then asked upset as Mard Geer looked at us.

"To see if you have a winning team, your missing a member" Mard Geer pointed out while he answered, looking at Igneel who just 'tisk' at him. "She is running late, now your real reason?" Igneel asked as Mard Geer laughed. "You can read me like a book" Mard Geer then looked at Natsu. "I want to know if it's true, that your oldest son gave his younger brother the power to even kill me and the Celestail Spirit King" Mard Geer answered making us all shocked. There was always rumours that Natsu Dragneel had a dragon form that Mard Geer was scared of.

"How about I turn and end your life for you?" Natsu snapped wanting to punched Mard Geer around the face. Mard Geer just chuckled. It was true. We all looked at Natsu shocked for two reasons. One, he threatened the new ruler of Earthland and two he had the power to kill him. Igneel glared at his son as Mard Geer just then looked toward me. "I can't wait to see what happens in the games" Mard Geer soon turned around and left the mansion. Igneel closed the door right away and left out a sigh. "Natsu go" Igneel then mumbled.

Natsu was then going up the stairs in the blink of an eye. He must of been worried for Lucy. "We have to win the games" I mumbled as everyone looked at me. "Mard Geer has to come here every year just tease Igneel and Natsu, if we win and get Lucy to her Grandfather we would be helping them" I then explained as they all nodded with 'o' faces. I shook my head a little as Igneel walked off toward his office.... I was worried.... This years games were meant to be the most deadly this year.... Could we really win?

Meanwhile Natsu's Pov, 

I rushed into Lucy's room to have a sword at my neck. "It's you" Erza put the sword down as I saw Lucy on her bed. She looked like she was having a nightmare. I rushed over, sitting on the side of the bed, grabbing her hand. "Lucy, Im right here" I whispered to her as her breathing started to calm down. Every year when Mard Geer showed up this happened. Something effected Lucy. He had to of known... He had to of known she was here. There was no other logical choice. After whispering to Lucy that I was there and that she was safe, she finally calmed down.

"You can leave now Erza, thank you for guarding her" I then mumbled not use to thanking others. I was used to telling them to leave and never talk about Lucy or else I would find them and end them. "We are like a family now Natsu, you don't have to say thanks" Erza replied as I looked at her shocked. She was leaving the room with a smile on her face. I felt Lucy squeeze my hand as I looked at her worried. She was waking up. I let out a small sigh of relief as I smiled at her. "Natsu?" she asked a little confused as I kissed her hand.

"Im right here" I replied as she smiled at me. I saw the pain and the fear in her eyes. It was more than normal. It worried me that she wanted to go through this alone. "W-what happened?" Lucy asked siting up as I didn't want to tell her. I just put my hand on her cheek. "That later, first you need to be rest" I replied as a hint of red was in her cheeks. I stood up as she squeezed my hand tight. "Please don't leave" she then whispered as I smiled, sitting back down. I moved my hand to play with some of her hair. I saw her cheeks go more red.

I hid back a smirk as there was a knock at the door. "Training it about to start Master Natsu" Maid Spetto nearly shouted as I rolled my eyes. I wanted to skip out on training today but I knew I couldn't. Father would of beaten me. "Will you come see me after training?" Lucy asked I could hear the sadness in her voice. I smiled and kissed her forehead. "Of course, I always do" I answered as she smiled at me. "Kick their butts" Lucy then whispered as I smirked. "I will you do My Lady" I laughed standing up, letting go of Lucy's hand before leaving the room.

I headed down to the training room to see everyone there. "Is she ok?" Mira and Wendy asked worried. "She's fine" I answered as they nodded. Even though they had just met Lucy they was worried for her. They cared for her. Maybe I should try trusting them.... "Alright, let's start by showing of our magic in some sparing" Erza spoke out as everyone nodded, agreeing. I wasn't much of a leader and I knew that had to change. I just hoped that it could change the the year I was given....