Chapter 18

Copyright 2013 © Rosesareforever

A Fight without Remorse

Chapter 18

Alexis awakened with sore muscles the next morning, her head pounding, congested from crying. Marcus' warm body was pressed against her side, their legs entangled. She sighed contently as she opened her eyelids and smiled. Marcus was still sound asleep beside her.

Still smiling, she reached out and stroked her fingers through his messy brown hair. He looked entirely at ease, a peaceful look gracing his features. If not for the dark circles and the stench of alcohol, you wouldn't have guessed he'd been through so much in the last few weeks.

It wasn't her intention to tell him about Shane just yet, it just sort of spilled out. Marcus needed a distraction and he needed to know he wasn't the only one to have rotten things happen to. He needed to open his eyes and stop feeling sorry for himself. Life goes on, it doesn't come to a sudden halt when tragic things happen.

You have to keep moving and learn to deal with the pain of loss. The loss of his mother was profound. Yet, people surrounding the grieving one could move on with nary the blink of an eye. They console you for your loss, then expect you to move on as if it's just another day, as if nothing had happened

Marcus' eyes started to flutter and a few moments later their eyes locked. "Morning, beautiful," he whispered huskily, his voice filled with sleep as he stretched his muscles and untangled their limbs. She smiled sweetly before pressing a soft peck on his lips.

"Eew, you still reek of bourbon," she nagged, pulling back with a sour look on her face. She hadn't minded the stench last night, this morning it was unbearable. He needed a shower and quickly.

"Spoil sport," Marcus mumbled as he nibbled on the tender skin of her neck, undoubtedly leaving tiny bite marks. She pushed him away and climbed out of bed. Grinning like a Cheshire cat, she strolled towards the bathroom. If he wanted morning sex, he'd have to shower first. There was no way she was going there when he smelled that bad.

Her eyes widened when she noticed her reflection in the mirror, hair tangled and sticking to her face. Her mascara smudged and her cheeks sticky with dried tears. She was quite the sight! Cough. Cough.

Heaving a sigh, she unbuttoned her shirt and let it fall to her feet. Her pants and undies followed, leaving her entirely nude as she looked in the mirror. She'd never been overly confident about her body. With time, she grew to respect and love her curves. Marcus' rapt attention had helped her a great deal in that area.

Taking the remaining clips out of her hair, she stepped into the shower and turned the water on. The warm water immediately steamed up the glass enclosure, heating the room along with it. Alexis moaned in satisfaction as she stepped underneath the spray, her muscles relaxing as the steady stream of water pelted her body.

As expected, minutes later the bathroom door opened and a fatigued Marcus entered. His eyes widened in appreciation as he lustfully stared at her naked body through the glass wall. He grinned adorably. Now wide awake, he quickly shed his clothes. Shaking her head in amusement, Alexis returned the stare as he slid his boxers off his legs.

His southern anatomy was awakening as well, his erection half-mast and still growing. She blushed and quickly adverted her eyes to take a bottle of shampoo. She opened the lid and poured some shampoo in her hand, trying her best to ignore Marcus who was now behind her.

Seconds later Marcus breath was tickling the column of her throat. Stepping closer, he put his hands on her hips while she continued massaging her scalp. Barely able to contain her pleasurable moans, she leaned into him as he continued to nuzzle her throat. "Oh kitty cat, you are so damn hot, you have no idea," Marcus muttered as he pressed his hardness against her lower back.