Chapter 4 - Get Out of my Head

Chapter 4 – Get Out of my Head

It can get annoying when ideas get stuck in your head. I know for me it is the most frustrating thing in the world. I constantly obsess over certain things and my mind seems to come to a halt on others. It's like a clock that is ticking slower and slower, it looks like it stops ticking, but doesn't. When I obsess everything moves at a slow pace and I can't seem to pick it up no matter how fast I run. I can never seem to fix the internal clock and make it go faster.

***

"Good morning to you, good morning to you, we're all in our places with smiles on our faces. Is that not the way, to start off the day?" Colby sang as she walked into Ben's room and tugged open the blinds. A flood of light covered the room. The warm light shot into every corner and swept over Ben's sheets.

Ben tugged his blanket over his eyes and let out a moan. He didn't want to go outside into the cold day. He felt gloomy and gray and didn't want sun or anything like it.

"No, we have today free; we can explore, get cupcakes and even go clubbing tonight." Colby shook Ben furiously and whined like a child. "You don't get to mope, I made pancakes." Colby said as if her answer was the truth.

Ben sat up in bed and squinted angrily at Colby. He was in no mood for joy today. "I just lost a guy that I liked, a guy that I had been crushing on since the first day of my job. He was beautiful and fantastic and everything I wanted. I blew it and lost him and what stinks is now I can't eat cupcakes."

"Please Prima Dona," Gwen leaned in the doorway in her nightgown. "I am cranky and Colby woke me up with that incessant song of hers."

Colby walked by Gwen humming the tune as she hurried to the kitchen.

"Are you ever scared that Colby will, you know, kill us in our sleep?" Ben yawned stretching and sitting up in his bed. His eyes focused on Gwen who put her head on the side of the doorway. "I mean, she is," Ben paused for emphasis, "always happy."

"Some people are blessed," Gwen's eyes lowered to the tent which pitched itself in Ben's pants. "Have a good dream I see."

Ben screamed and grabbed a pillow to cover himself. "Don't point that out, that's rude. Rude," Ben shouted pointing and accusing finger at Gwen who scoffed and left the bedroom. "I just need sex," Ben whispered to himself, "a lot of it." Ben knew that the time was getting near when he would become a desperate animal. He need someone, anyone, and if Peter wouldn't comply then he had to search elsewhere.

Colby had a way with food. Her pancakes were fluffy clouds with warm syrup to dip. Ben ate as much as he could and enjoyed every last bite. He slid a soft piece through some thick syrup and it soaked up the sugar sauce. Ben held the pancake up with his fork then placed it on his tongue where the flavor danced on his taste buds. He chewed and swallowed and his inners grew with satisfaction. With hunger out of the way Ben crashed on the couch with a newspaper and his sock covered feet on the coffee table.

"Let's go shopping today," Gwen, more commanded than offered, as she exited the bathroom combing her hair. "I need to find something to wear for a hot date, a steamy hot date."

"Ooh," Colby smirked; coming from the kitchen to the couch she leaned on the back to get closer to Gwen. "Does this hot date have a name?"

"Yes," Gwen bit her lip seductively. "Harold, he is tall, black, and handsome. Maybe a little too much muscle but I don't care. I'd tap him, more than once."

"Sounds, fun, I need to go hunting. I have yet to bag a Brit." Colby pointed out. She looked a little concerned with her statement. "I am almost as desperate as Ben," She clasped her hands on his shoulders and shook him playfully. "Almost," She said again with a smile.