Chapter 3

Chapter Songs-

No type- Rae Sremmurd

****************************

After my classes, I headed to the same library to study and complete my homework. I was studying to become a teacher, specifically a literature teacher. I wasn't a grammar nazi but I loved reading, creative writing, and words.

Words are powerful. Words are beautiful Words aren't limited. You can use 6 different words that mean the same thing, but for numbers, a 9 will always be a 9.

Math was like a box to me. You had specific formulas, shapes, letters, and methods on how to solve. You had to play by the rules and follow the instructions to get the correct answer. There's no creative thinking. However, with language arts, you're free to think outside of the box and actually invest yourself into the text.

So if you haven't noticed, I dislike math, except when I'm cashing checks.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out to discover I had 2 messages from my mom.

Mama:Won't be home till later. I left money on the counter for you and Troy to order sometging if y'all want. Dad should be there though.

Mama:*something

I replied ok and collected my mostly finished math assignments. I had made it outside to my car when I saw the most disgusting thing.

Some couple was making out on the side of my car. I scrunched up my face and strode over to them.

"Umm, excuse me?" I questioned.

They ignored me and kept at it with their PDA. I could hear the slurping noises and moans emitting from the both of them. Eww.

I raised my voice a bit louder to get their attention but still no luck.

"Screw this." I muttered and went and got in the driver's seat. They were still propped up on the passenger's side. The girl's back nearly created a dent in my car.

I started the car and proceeded to honk as loudly as I could startling them. They broke away and covered their ears. Yes I just did. Too bored to gauge their reactions, I drove away with the guy flipping me off in the rearview.

Too bad. Next time get a room.

I turned my music up loud, and cruised down the highway.

"Ion got no type!Bad B*****s is the only thing that I like!" I sang along.

Truth is, I don't have a type. I liked boys of all races,colors, and creeds. It wasn't a factor for me. Just a great personality, somewhat attractive and faithful love.

I was so busy jamming to the music, I didn't notice the flashing lights behind me. I quickly turned the music down and proceeded to pull over.When I had came to a complete stop, I sat in silence contemplating the reason why I was pulled over.

What did I do?What did I do? Please don't give me a speeding ticket.

My mind was racing with questions. I wasn't going over the speed limit because I had checked. I saw the officer get out the car and start walking toward me.

Remain calm. You got this. Just cooperate and stay calm.

I looked up at the officer and kick me and call me a squirrel because it was him.

My jaw dropped as I stared at him. He was even hotter up close.

"Good evening ma'am. Can I see your license and registration?" He smoothly stated. What a voice he had. So deep and melodic. So masculine.