Chapter 9

~•¤ Chapter 9 ¤•~

Nathan's P.O.V

I stepped in my small car that I rarley used, which was a simple red Jeep Wrangler that I was thankful of having. My mom got it for me when I turned sixteen and I seriously was speechless considering the fact that we couldn't afford it. I appreciated every bit of this vehicle and I was trying my best to keep it safe as if it were related to me somehow.

I tied my seatbelt and turned the ignition on, then reversed out of the small garage of my house. I drove down to Starbucks. Rain started to drop heavily on the windshield, so I immediately turned the blades on to wipe the droplets off. I was impatiently driving with my heart slightly pounding extra harder than its normal beatings. Somehow I was nervous but at the same time excited.

I felt a bit relieved when I reached Starbucks, so I parked beside the sidewalk and got out of the car. I could see Natalie's innocent face from outside. The way she smiled at customers and the enthusiasm she had while working always amazed me. I sucked in a deep breath and walked in, which caused the small bell to ring from above me.

Natalie was busy serving a customer and I thanked God for that. If she saw me walking in she would've switched places with her colleague or something, as I knew very well how mad she was at me. I stood behind the old man and waited for him as my patience started to run out. When the man finally moved away, my eyes met Natalie's and I saw shock take over her.

She slightly frowned and I gulped in, then mustered up the courage to walk up to her. "Hey," I simply said and looked at her eyes that tried to avoid mine.

"Sarah, one white-"

I interrupted her and said, "No, I don't want a drink- or anything. I didn't come as a customer."

"Then you should leave," she said coldly, still trying to look away from me.

"No! I have to talk to you," I retorted, already knowing that she was going to refuse. But I wasn't going to give up.

"Why? So you could hurt and humiliate me again? Seems like you enjoy it," she commented. She was clenching her fists so hard that her knuckles turned white.

"I won't leave. I'm serious this time; I swear I won't hurt you. Just give me one last chance," I insisted. Someone poked me from behind, and I turned my head to see a few people standing behind me in a line. That was fast.

"Would you mind finishing your conversation? We don't want to wait anymore," a lady remarked and I nodded. I turned back to Natalie and heard her sigh.

"My shift will be over in about thirty minutes. We'll talk when I'm done. I won't risk losing my job again," Natalie said and I nodded.

I was about to walk away when I saw her colleague glaring at me from her place. She probably knew about the conversations I had with Natalie, and hoenslty, I couldn't blame her for giving me a threatening look at all.

I turned on my heels and walked back to my car. I sat in the driver's seat and turned the heat on. Pulling down the sleeves of my hoodie, I rubbed my hands to warm myself a bit. I turned the radio on and 'Wanted You More' by Lady Antebellum started playing. I didn't mind the song as long as time passed by, and luckily it did. After about five or six songs, I saw Natalie walk out of Starbucks, her hair now loose.

She started looking around, probably trying to find me, so I honked for her and her gaze turned my way. She walked to the car and looked closely through the window. I rolled it down and saw her confused look. "I don't use it a lot. Come in now." I commented, referring to the car. She was probably wondering about how I got it. I'd never shown up with it so I had to clear it out for her.