Chapter 3

~•¤ Chapter 3 ¤•~

I was enjoying my sleep, something I rarely did. I was too tired and I had school on the next day so no wonder I was deep in my sleep. But a sound of shuffling woke me up. I sat up and rubbed my eyes for a better vision, and there was Nathan looking for something. I looked at the clock beside me to see that it was only three in the morning. I felt myself grimace as I spoke up.

"Nathan, what's going on?" my voice was deep and raspy and it barley came out in a whisper.
He looked at me and said, "Sorry to wake you, but I'm looking for my mp3 player and headphones." I slightly nodded and opened the drawer of the nightstand beside me, then got his things out. "Here you go." I handed him what he asked for.
"Thank you. I have to go now," he said while tying his Convers' lace. He immediately started walking towards the door when he was done. Why was he in a rush?

He left the room silently as I got out of the bed and followed him. He was standing by the door waiting for me to unlock it- probably. I took the keys from the table beside the door and I placed the right key in the lock. "Why do you have to leave?" I asked and moved the key to the left side.

Soon it made a click sound and I pulled the door nob making the door wide open. A huge amount of cold wind hit me and I pulled down the sleeves of my blouse asking for more warmth. "I just have to go," he muttered and walked out.
I held him by his arm and said, "Look, you can stay till the morning. It's too late for you to go home."

"Listen, you don't understand. I have to leave now. I can't be out of the house at this time." worry was written all over his face, so I didn't push him anymore. I pulled my grasp away from him and gave him a small smile. "Alright." I said and he turned on his heels and started walking away. I kept watching him until his image disappeared.

I sighed and closed the door, and placed the keys back in their place. I went to the kitchen and got out a glass then filled it with water. The warm water ran down my throat and warmth immediately spread through my cold body. I placed the glass in the sink and walked back to my room.

Thanks God my aunt didn't wake up, or else I would've been in trouble. I went under the blanket and closed my eyes, but I didn't drift off like I did before.

Actually my thoughts kept roaming about the idea that Nathan had to leave. And many questions filled my brain, like 'Why did he leave?' or 'Why was he so worried?' and a lot more. And before I realized it my alarm already went off. I always woke up at five a.m to get ready extra early. I groaned and moved out of the bed, then walked to the bathroom.

I turned the hot water on and stripped out of my clothes. I stepped into the shower and the water started running along my body, which caused me to shiver from the sudden change of temperature on my skin. After ten minutes I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my black towel around me. I was shaking while walking back to my room. And when I entered I immediately put on my clothes. I chose a long-sleeved white wollen shirt and dark skinny jeans, then wore my beige boots that reached my knees. They were so comfy and I liked them. I put on a long golden necklace that had an ancient looking clock hanging from it.

I opened the door of my closet that had a full-length mirror and looked at myself. I was okay, but my hair needed to be done. I combed it and wore it in a french braid the walked to the kitchen.

I didn't even think about adding a slight amount of make-up because I hated it to the bits. Like why add something that will hide your real beauty? I know I wasn't the prettiest girl but that wasn't a reason for me to put make-up on. I would only add mascara and simple eyeshadow on occasions or parties, but that was it for me.

I saw a green apple set on the counter, so I took a bite and got the milk out of the fridge. I got out a glass and poured enough amount of milk in it, then took a sip. That was my daily routine in the morning. My life was actually boring to be honest. I did nothing special, but maybe because I didn't dare to. Or because I had no time, I don't really know. But I needed something or someone to be my motivation of trying something new. Everyone in my life was like me, and that didn't help at all.