Chapter 8

~•¤ Chapter 8 ¤•~

"Look, I know that you lost your job, but look at the bright side. We get to finally hangout properly," Marie spoke as we walked down the hallway of our school.

I chuckled at her and said, "I know." We entered the cafeteria and stood in the line. We had pizza  for lunch today. Nice.

"So, where do you wanna go today?" Marie asked excitedly as the cafeteria worker put two slices of pizza on Marie's dish. 

I thought for a second and said, "How about we go play bowling?" I got myself some pizza too. I and Marie both took juice then made our way to a table.

"Yeah, good idea!" Marie smiled as we both took places on the old grey chairs that surrounded the small black tables. Our school wasn't the best at its accessories and furniture. Everything was old at this place, even the cafeteria woman! No lie. But one thing about our school made it a good one; it's that it had some well educated teachers.

As we were halfway through our meals, Jake and his friend Austin approached us. "Hello ladies." Jake said and immediately, Marie chocked on the juice. She started coughing wildly and I gave her my bottle of water. She gulped the half of it and looked at Jake.

"H-hey," she stuttered, her cheeks turning to a shade of pink. I held in my laugh and looked at Jake.

"Anyway. Uhm, I wanted to ask if you'd like to go out with us? You know, me and Marie, Natalie and Austin. The double date thing, ya know?" Jake stated and I looked at Marie who had the widest eyes I'd ever seen. I waited for her to respond since I knew she would love to. I didn't mind going out because I was pretty sure Marie wanted to. I mean, come on, who would refuse going out on a date with their crush? 

Marie looked at me for approval, so to assure her, I said, "Sure. We'd love to!" To be honest, I didn't really like Jake and Austin. I didn't dislike them either, but if I had a choice, I wouldn't go out with them. But I had to agree because I didn't want to ruin Marie's happines at the fact that her crush asked her out. It's not like this can happen everyday.

"How about we go watch a movie after school?" Austin offered

Marie immediately nodded and said, "Of course." I looked at her weirdly. We were supposed to hangout by ourselves. We'd waited for this day for a long time, but she didn't hesitate to change our plans. I felt kind of sad that she preffered a date with Jake rather than hanging out with me. Maybe she was too excited about going out with Jake, so I shrugged it off.

Austin said, "All right. We'll see you later," and they both left.

"Oh my God! Do you believe what just happened? They freaking asked us out. Jeez, this is amazing!" Marie shrieked excitedly and I smiled at her.

"I know. It's unbelievable," I commented and continued eating my pizza, but soon the bell rang. The cafeteria started getting empty slowly and I stood up. I held my tray and put it in the trashcan as Marie did the same, then we both walked to our classes.

▼••••▲••••▼••••▲••••▼••••▲

"That will be the end of the book. We'll start The Crucible next week," Mrs. Smith said. "Now, don't forget to sign up for the writing contest. Te admissions will be open only till next Tuesday. Now class, you may leave, and have a nice weekend," Mrs. Smith dismissed the class and everyone started leaving the classroom. I collected my stuff and walked out of the classroom with Marie trailing behind. As we got out of the school, my eyes landed on Jake and Austin who were waiting in the schoolyard for us.

Marie nudged me and gave me a smile, which I returned. We walked up to them and Jake asked, "You guys ready?"

"Yes," Marie said as we all walked to the parking lot. We walked to Jake's car, which was a black Porsche. Everyone admired him and his car, and anyone who saw us would be thinking how lucky Marie and I were to get a chance to hang out with Jake and Austin.