Chapter fourteen

\Chapter Fourteen

*********

         Mel and Beth dropped me by my house. We were laughing all the time as we made our way to my apartment. People were looking at us and we just giggled at them throughout.

        My best friends were sick. Well, not literally. They were both crazy. And that was just one of the thousands of reasons why I liked the both of them. Actually there was never a definite reason why I liked them. They may get on my nerves sometimes but that was what made them them.

        I jiggled the keys on my hand while I took a hold over my penny board on the other. Mel and Beth were still arguing if they would pop over in my house tomorrow. 

        "Alright then. Tomorrow it is." Beth appointed.

        I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled at them.

        "What?" Beth beamed at me and Mel threw her hands in the air before gasping.

        "Pay attention, Jo! Our magical voices are never to be wasted. Remember that." Mel proclaimed. I just shot Beth a look and Beth nodded. I clapped my hands and rubbed them together as sorry.

        "So, tomorrow." Mel declared, beaming me straight in the eyes and drew closer to me.

        "What are you doing?" I shooed her away of my face.

        "Just checking if you are listening." she grinned and fist-bumped Beth.

        "I'm listening, alright." I rolled my eyes.

        Just not paying attention. I kept to myself. They might chop my head off if I'd say that straight to their faces.

        "Now go! It's nearly 6. Your parents must've been looking for you." I teased. Both Mel and Beth have their parents with them. 

       The three of us group-hugged before Beth and Mel waved me goodbye. I watched them off before I slid myself inside.

       I joggled my keys up in the air then catching it unlocking my door and giving the door a little thrust and the door creaked open.

        My apartment was old and I'd been staying in this flat for nearly 8 years. Yep. That long.

         At first, my parents objected and insisted that I need to have someone to look after me. And now it seemed that I sort of gotten used to no one looking after me.

        I stepped inside and closed the door behind me. I placed my penny board near the door, pulled out my shoes and threw in my house slippers. 

        I crept in on my couch and reached on to the remote. I checked the time and it’s still 7. I still have the whole night to rest. I turned on the music and danced as I removed my clothes and jumped on the tub.

        After which, I wearily walked towards my room and removed my clothes. I got in my pajamas with bears printed on it. Mature, I know.

        It matched my slippers with a cute bear face on it. I decided to cook for dinner. I cooked instant food instead since I figured that somehow it had been couple of days I haven’t cook on my own. And I ran out of stocks.