Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen

***********

        I sat on my couch as I watch Spongebob Squarepants attentively. My day, apparently, could never get any less boring than it has to be.

        Actually, it was my day that could not get any less boring. First, I had no plans on getting out of the house after what had happen. Second, talking to Andee could (I think) only make it worst. Third, I sat on the freaking couch and let my mind afloat. Fourth, it was just simply the day when I felt empty and alone.

        I laughed, pathetically, at the TV while shoving myself more ice cream. I just waited for the time to pass by. I nearly jumped off my seat when I felt my phone vibrated near my butt.

        I checked to see who it was. When I realized it was Beth, I immediately swiped my screen to answer. And her voice cheered through the line.

        "Joey!" 

        "Hey Beth, what's up?" I said, wiping some ice cream residue on the corners of my lips. 

        "Uhm, yeah. Mel wants to hang out today since it’s weekend. You up for it?"

        I unconsciously bit over my fingernail and thought how weird things may suddenly look like. I hesitated at first and felt the guilt rushed over me, devouring me. I didn’t want to tell Beth that I planned to stay here and never leave the house over the weekend. I regretted saying that to Ellis. Should I meet up with them? 

        "Earth to Joey."  Beth said through the phone.

        "Oh, yeah. Uhm... sure?" I shut my eyes and slapped myself on the forehead. I wanted to curl into a ball and just roll away. 

        "Cool! See you at 12?" 

        "Alright." I said, my eyes widen in an instant. “Wait—what?”

        The call was long ended and I cautiously looked up at the clock to see it was quarter to 12. I’ve got at least 20 minutes to prepare stuffs.

        I dropped my body down at the couch, crossed my legs and gazed up the ceiling.

        Wow. Just how in hell did all that happen? 

        Ellis was right. I never should have settled into the decision of simply locking myself up in my room. Do nothing. Meet no one. And let the time pass by.

        I pushed my body up and groggily made my way to the bathroom. I turned in the water and the water filled the tub. I squeeze the soap dispenser and dropped it in the water. The soap began to mix with the water and it began to make clouds of bubbles.

        I undressed, throwing my robe in the hook and sat at the cold corner of the tub. I twisted the faucet off and I dipped my foot in. Then the other. Before crawling my body on to the tub.

        I relaxed there. Sliding my finger onto my arms then gently up to my collarbones then up around my neck. I rested my head to the cold edge of the tub and then let my eyes drop close. 

/

        I heard the bell buzz and I hastily run towards the shoe rack and hopped on my newly bought sneakers.