Epilogue

I woke up to the banging and bumping of pots, pans and boxes. Oh right, today was departure day, the day Cole and I left for NYU. We had my mom take the majority of our stuff with her when she drove back home from coming to Texas for our graduation. The little stuff we did have left such as some clothes, our toiletries and electronics, we packed away in two suitcases each that we would bring on the plane with us to New York. I got out of bed and looked at the calendar, crossing off today's date before tossing it into one of the open suitcases on my now bare floor. The calendar had served as a countdown for me to the date we'd leave for college. Normally, students don't come in until mid-August but since we were both on sports teams at the university, Cole and I had to be there two weeks prior to begin preseason training. As much I really like soccer, I do wish we could've had those two weeks rather than coming on July 18. I grabbed my clothes, a grey tank from my club team and black Capri running pants, before showering and changing into them. I washed and blow dried my hair before putting it up in a bun. I headed downstairs to find a table filled with food and smelled baked goods, indicating that the cooking was not done.

"Are you expecting the whole soccer team? Because this is a lot of food." I said as I entered the kitchen. I not only saw my dad and his girlfriend, but also Cole's mom. "No, Cole, Kylee and my husband will be coming, as well as Erica and her parents, Brandon, his mom, and his little brother, and Marcus, Kennedy and their parents." Cole's mom explained. "We figured it'd be nice to give you guys your last breakfast at home together before you head off to New York and part ways. I mean Manhattan is a really big city." I smile and gave her and my father a hug. "Thank you. This is really going out with a bang." "No problem Hun. Now can you go get your boyfriend? Last time I checked, he still wasn't awake." I nodded before heading next door to Cole's house. I let myself in before going upstairs to his room. I opened the door to see Cole still sleeping. I silently laughed to myself, seeing Cole still in his bed. He was never much of a morning person, at all. I approached his bed and got in next to him, placing kisses along his collarbone. He started to stir, feeling ticklish. "What the-?" He said softly, waking up to find me next to him. "Morning." I said, seeing that he was awake. Cole chuckled. "You're up early." He said, putting an arm around me. "How can I not be? We're leaving for college later and our parents made us an amazing goodbye breakfast." Cole perked up at the mention of food. "Yeah, it's practically a feast, now get up and get dressed so that we can have breakfast." I said, getting out of the bed. Cole tried to pull me back but I slipped out of his grip. "Up." I stated. 

Cole chuckled. "Alright, alright." He says, getting up out of bed. I sat on the edge of the bed as Cole got dressed in his NYU Soccer Team t-shirt and some cargo shorts. He sat down next to me on the bed to tie his sneakers and when he was done he positioned himself in front of me, his back facing me. "Hop on." I got on his back and he gave me a piggy back ride all the way back to my house. We arrived to see that everyone was there, waiting for us. I slid off Cole's back and took the empty seat next to his. "Is it all right to start eating? Everyone's here right?" I trailed off, seeing my boyfriend practically devouring his food, not bothering to wait for anyone else. I shook my head at him while everyone laughed. Cole realized what he was doing and put his food back down on his plate. We all said a prayer before digging into the food. As we ate, we reminisced on all our good memories of high school, trying to pretend that we wouldn't be leaving our family and the majority of our friends in a mere couple hours. All through high school, I couldn't wait to get out and be off to college, but now that that day has come, I bet I would do anything to get high school back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: THAT'S IT FOR I BET. I'm really sad now. This stories over. But have no fear, after the first week of May (because that's when I'll be done with most major tests and extracurricular stuff), I'll bring back the fan fictions and finish writing the Stars In Our Eyes Series. Until then, I won't be as active as much. I'll be writing a non - fan fiction story in that rest period, but between my Gold Award, my final semester project, prepping for NYSSMA, prepping for my dance competition and getting ready to take the SAT, I don't think I'll be able to write as much as I used to. Thank you guys for all your support (ALMOST 6K ON A SECRET BROMANCE???????????) and hopefully you'll stick it out and wait for all my up coming projects.

xoxo, Eden