Chapter 8- Samantha

• Dedicated to All My Amazing Readers.

I heard a knock at my front door, waking me up from my short rest. Since the incident with Cole two weeks ago, and us nearly having sex, I haven't been getting much sleep at all. I would be up for hours on end just thinking about the incident and reliving it. I would only get up to maybe 2 or 3 hours of sleep before having to wake up for the next day. I made my way downstairs and to the front door, opening the door to find no one there. I looked around and went to step outside, but my foot connected with something soft. I stepped back and looked at the ground to find a bouquet of flowers and I picked them up, taking notice that there were three notes underneath it. I picked those up as well and brought everything inside, closing the door behind me. I put the bouquet of flowers in a vase and then sat down on the couch to read the first letter.

"Samantha, you mean so much to me. I love you. I really do, so yes this means I lost the bet, but at this point I don't care. At this point, read the two letters labelled one and two. Read them in order before you move on to the rest of this letter."

As much as I wanted to keep going on this letter. I figured it would be good to follow Cole's directions. I took out the first envelope and opened it, taking out the letter. I smiled as I remembered the note. It was a note me and Cole had passed back and forth in the fourth grade.

" I like you.-C

Ew. Boys are gross.-S

No they're not. So do you want to be my girlfriend?-C

I guess.-S"

I laughed reading this note, it was so stupid, but that's elementary school romance for you. That relationship lasted about 2 days and consisted of me and Cole holding hands on the playground once. I then moved onto the next letter. I opened it up and began to read it, it looked like a newer love letter from Cole.

"Dear Samantha,

Wow. There's a lot I want to say to you, but I'm not exactly sure how to put it. Let's start with 'I love you' because I really do. You're probably wondering how I fell in love with you, so here's how it happened. I'd say I started to fall for you probably in 8th grade, maybe freshman year. It all started when you started hanging out with the cheerleaders when Erica made the squad. Being a total tomboy, I always considered you one of the guys but the first day of freshman year that changed. You and the cheerleaders had a sleep over a couple days before school started and they gave you a make over. You refused to let me see you until school started, but once I finally did, it was worth the wait. You had had on short high waist-ed shorts, and a crop top that showed off part of your toned stomach. You were wearing sandals too, not sneakers and had your nails done. But the parts that shocked me the most were your hair, face, and sadly, your chest. You were wearing a push up bra. Not even just a regular bra as opposed to the sports bras you normally wear, you were wearing a push up bra. I could barely even take my eyes off your chest, but I was able to enough to see your face, and saw that you were beautiful. Your makeup was actually done for once and it wasn't over done, accentuating your natural beauty. Your hair was curled and it was just something about that make over that woke me up and made me realize that you were really a girl and not my best guy friend.

I was able to keep my feelings hidden for a while, I mean it was obvious due to the fact that you didn't know until now, and yes I know about all your feelings towards me. Erica sent me a recording of your guys' conversation at the mall with your dad's girlfriend..."

I paused, taking everything in. That little shit, she sent Cole our conversation. As much as I didn't want to admit it, Cole never would've confessed his feelings towards me if it weren't for Erica so I owed everything to her. I made a mental note to harass her and then thank her, before moving on to read the rest of the letter.