Chapter 6- Samantha

After showering and cleaning all my make up off from last night, I got dressed and went to the mall to meet up with Erica and my dad's girlfriend, Janice. We were all sitting in the food court, getting some lunch when the questions started on my wondrous night with Cole. "So how was the date? Where'd he take you?" Janice asked. "We went to Biogini's." "Ooh, swanky." Erica said. "What happened when he took you home?" "Well, I never exactly made it home." I said, biting my lip. "What do you mean you never made it home?" Janice asked. She knew that I had a date with Cole and originally I was supposed to go home after while her and my dad spent the night in Dallas. I sighed and launched into my long story of the night's events. "Well throughout the whole date, Cole wouldn't talk and when he did it was only to snap at the waiters for things. He didn't talk the whole ride back and instead of walking me across our lawns up to my door, he just went into his house, not even caring if I got out or not. Now naturally I followed him to find out what I did wrong, but apparently he was trying so hard not to have sex with me in that restaurant thanks to the dress that Erica forced me to wear, and things got a bit down and dirty." I said, trailing off on the last part. "Wait, you two had sex?" Janice asked me, and I immediately shook my head. "No. That's the thing. I wanted to, but I couldn't allow myself to lose my virginity to him, knowing that I was in love with him, but not knowing if he loved me back." A sly smile goes on to Erica's face. "What did you just say?" I sighed. "I said, I'm in love with Cole. Very much so actually. I'm not a hundred percent sure how it started though."

I guess I was always attracted to him, I mean how can you not be, the kid is extremely hot, but I never thought I'd be in love with him. I think I realized it that first time we kissed. It was magical, it was almost as if our souls had melded into one. And the way Cole's been treating me lately with all the kisses and flowers and dates and compliments, I've just been falling more and more in love with him." I said with a sigh, getting up to throw away my trash. We cleaned our area before heading off to Target for dorm supplies. "Well you have to tell Cole how you feel Samantha. If you don't, he might not be able to work up the courage to tell you how he feels and you won't be able to be with the one you love." Janice said, as we walked into Target, grabbing a cart and heading into the dorm supply aisles.  "Janice is right Sam, you have to let Cole know you love him. I'm completely sure that he loves you back." "Did he tell you that? I challenge her. Erica went to speak but then stopped and shook her head. "No he did not, but I could see it. When have you ever seen Cole, the hottest person in school, get speechless over anyone?" She said and I bit my lip as I put white and purple items in my basket. As much as I wanted to deny what Erica was saying, I knew that she was speaking the truth. Cole was the type of guy that left girls speechless, not one that got speechless from girls, and he was beyond speechless. The kid wasn't even speaking, barely even breathing because he was shocked by me.

"I guess you're right Erica, but how would I even go about telling him my feelings? I mean, do I just waltz over to his house and say, 'Hey Cole. Oh, by the way, I'm in love with you'?" I asked her sarcastically. "I really don't want to have to confess my feelings to Cole. I mean, I'm pretty sure he already knows that I'm in love with him, why can't he just confess his feelings for me and then we can just go on dating and be a happy little couple." I was near the point of yelling now and I could see that some people had stopped what they were doing and were now looking at me. Erica shooed them all off before turning back to me. "Sam, I get your hindrances, I really do. But you need to let him know how you feel. You know what they say, 'Instead of sitting around waiting for things, you should go out and take what you want.' And you need to go out and take Cole's heart. I sighed. "I guess you're right," I said softly, finally giving in to Erica's pressures, "I'll call him later when I'm home. I know he was hanging out with Marcus and Brandon today." I mumbled. It was the truth, but it was more of an excuse for putting off the inevitable. I never thought that Cole would know how I truly feel about the situation but little did I know, Erica had been recording the whole entire conversation and had sent it to Cole for him to hear. That girl is so sneaky, I don't know how I put up with her at times.