Chapter Nine ~ The Secrets

Dobby's eyes widened to the point where I truly believed that they would simply fall from his face, but they somehow remained intact. For a brief moment, he seemed as though he was going to restart his punishments, until he remembered that he was prohibited from doing so in my presence.

"Dobby, I need to know." I urged, gripping his shoulder firmly.

"Dobby wishes to tell Miss, but Dobby doesn't know how..." he moaned, rubbing his numbly.

"Then answer my questions." I replied, loosening my grip.

"Of course!" he squeaked, now looking attentively to me.

"Does it have anything to do with my fa- I mean... Voldemort?" I questioned, looking desperately in to his eyes.

"Yes." he said, his voice growing weak.

"Will it endanger anybody within Hogwarts?" I continued, hoping to strike a chord.

"Yes..." he drawled, looking ready to vomit.

"Who will it endanger?" I inquired, feeling wondrously close to the truth.

"Harry Potter is in terrible danger." he replied, his eyes growing slightly ferocious.

I gaped, never realising that my father still intended to murder Harry Potter, the boy who lived... That could not happen... Harry Potter was the only person who would ever truly deserve to kill my father... and I knew that he must stay alive to do so.

Yet... did I want that? Did I want my Father to be slaughtered, and to be left alone with nobody but Dumbledore, a man who didn't care for me as a Father should?

Do you really believe that Voldemort would?

I sighed in relief at the sound of Leon's voice, finally returning to my head. On the outer windowsill, I saw that he was lying lazily in the bright sun, basking in its heat and glory. His brown eyes briefly connected with mine before he once again gazed out on to the scenery surrounding us.

He was right; I was lulling myself in to a false fatherhood. Voldemort was obviously heartless; he had, after all, merely created me through a magical potion, rather than attempting any form of love with a woman. Scolding myself, I turned to Dobby, now determined.

"Dobby, Harry Potter mustn’t go back to Hogwarts." I said firmly, looking into his face to read his emotions.

Dobby nodded slowly, before clicking his finger and disappearing. For a few moments, I was alone with my thoughts. Perhaps, I was truly on the path to finding my loyalties? I smiled, reassured that I had made the correct choice by protecting Harry Potter.

Another 'Pop!' showed that Dobby had returned, holding in his hands several letters. He gave me a mischievous smile before passing them to me. Reading them I saw that they were addressed to Harry Potter.

Dear Harry Potter

4 Privet Drive

Little Whinging

Surrey

Flipping the letter over to it's back; I saw more of the tiny, neat handwriting.

From Miss Hermione Granger

I picked up another letter and saw slightly messier, thicker writing reading very similar.

H. Potter

4 Privet Drive

Little Whinging

Surrey