Chapter Twenty ~ Days of Summer

I officially had all of Ravenclaw tower to myself, which wasn't as fun as I had originally intended for it to be. Rather than run around the halls in the carefree manner that I once relished, I gathered all of my books and attempted to catch up on my study.

Looking back, it became apparent that I spent nearly five months in the pipes and tunnels, and after that 2 months recovering from the Basilisk venom. The venom has weakened my body tremendously, and made me even paler than before, and now my hair was well and truly blond under the strain.

It was still hard to wake up in the morning, and Madame Pomfrey said that she had never treated a case like this before, and she didn't know when the affects would wear off. She also offered to send me to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, and offer that I didn't decline.

Without regular potion-taking, the pain was still unbearable, and some days, when it was particularly bad, I would wish to be at St. Mungo's, where they would know how to treat me. But, if I went, that would also entail me speaking of my unusual heritage... 

That was something that I wasn't prepared to do. I yearned for the days when i had freshly woken up, with Neville by my side and the pain absent. Apparently, when I move and have my blood pound faster, the venom pains me more.

Awesome.

Not to mention that Sirius Black had escaped from Azkaban, the apparently 'inescapable' wizarding prison. I felt no fear, but instead worried for Harry Potter, after all, Sirius was after Harry. I could scarcely believe the he had murdered thirteen innocent bystanders with one curse.

Sitting up, I felt a wave of nausea hit me again, and I once more collapsed back in to my bed. I had no energy for trivial things such as waking up and leaving my room... I had to stay here... and rest... Yawning, I allowed my body to lay perfectly still as I slept.

~

"Elysia..." murmured a soft voice, drawing me from my dreams.

"Yes..?" I yawned, keeping my eyes softly closed.

"I'm sending you to St. Mungo's, but first I must teach you something." continued Dumbledore, his softly wrinkled hand heaving my up.

"Teach me what?" I mumbled, rubbing me eyes softly.

My entire body felt like it had been filled with lead, so the simple action of rubbing my eyes sent a new need for sleep through me. Standing up abruptly, blood rushed to my head and I wanted to fall back and sleep, sleep and only sleep.

"As you well know, Sirius Black has escaped... And I have allowed the Azkaban guards to be stationed around Hogwarts, as our guards for a short period. I need you to know this spell, before they arrive." she continued, his voice ever so soft.

I had hoped that these holidays would bring me closer to my father, that we would spend plenty of time together and I would forget Voldemort. Unfortunately, I have spent the past month in bed, and have long since given up on getting out of it.

Stumbling down the stairs, I was supported by my Father, who bore a surprising amount of strength. Wheezing due to the effort, I finally found myself in the circular common room, adorned with every shade of blue possible. Facing my father, I leaned against a bookcase for support.

"This is called, the Patronus. I expect that you have read of it, it is not an easy spell, but you are competent." he began, holding out his wand.

The wand was long and thin, and I could have sworn that I had read of it before... Perhaps in a book mentioning Dumbledore? My wand immediately shot up, barely controlled by my hand. Something between the wands had connected, which made me think more of Dumbledore's mysterious wand.