Chapter 7: Pandemonium

A/N: Hello there my wonderful readers ;) sorry I made you wait so long for this chapter... I was really busy. Hope you like it! I was trying to make my writing a bit more mature because I want to publish an actual book on wattpad. I have the idea and everything, I just need to actually, you know, write it.

Disclaimer: Sadly, I do not own the Mortal Instruments or the characters. Cassandra Clare does. What a shame, though, because I wouldn't kill off all the characters like she does...

*Clary*

"So, did you find it yet?" said Isabelle, who was sitting on my bed, swinging her legs back and forth.

That afternoon, I had realized that I never talked to Simon for the past week that I was at the Institute. Normally, I talked to him, like every day. Right now, I was looking for my phone, to call him, but I couldn't find it.

"I don't know..." I said, sighing. "Maybe I left it at home..."

"Well, you can go get it," she said, matter-of-factly. "In fact, I think I'll come with you! I need some fresh air. I've been here too long." She was talking in a breathy voice, as if she were out of breath.

"Okay. Let's go."

xxx

I was in front of my house, (or apartment, if you would,) when I sighed. "Izzy, I better go in myself, just in case."

She raised an eyebrow, but gestured for me to go in.

My door led straight into my living room, where everything was in order. There was a new painting on the easel, which definitely wasn't there when I left a week ago. In fact, it looked like one of my mom's paintings.

My suspicions raised immediately. I busted out my seraph blade -which I brought, for a situation like this. I got close to the corner that led to my kitchen when I heard moaning.

No.

I turned the corner to see Luke pinning MY MOTHER to the kitchen counter, the newly-weds kissing each other furiously.

I dropped my seraph blade on the spot. The detached themselves from each other and stared at me wide-eyed. "Clary-" my mom breathed.

"OH MY GOD," I shouted. "No no no no no no no... No. I did not just see that oh my god." At this point, I was breathing heavily.

I never really thought of Luke and my mom as that couple that kisses often, but more as the couple who is just protective of each other.

"Clary, what..." Luke said.

"What am I doing here?" I finished for him. "Getting my phone. I think the real question, though, is what are YOU guys doing here. And what were you guys... Oh my god, NO!" I gagged.

"We-uh-well..."

"JUST NEVERMIND!" I shouted. "Ugh.... Ewww... I'll just go back to the Institute and bang my head against the walls."

"Clary," said Jocelyn.

"No! Nevermind! Just... Ugh."

When I went back into the living room, I saw my phone on the coffee table, grabbed it quickly, and got the hell out of that place.

I was breathing heavily, and Isabelle probably noticed. "Clary, are you alright?"

"Just... Forget about it."

With that, we got in a cab and headed back to the Institute, and I spent the whole time just trying to get those disturbing images out of my mind.

xxx