Chapter 8

Chapter 8

*Hazel Murray*

"I thought you were staying another week."

"I thought I could too, Niall, but turns out I apparently am releasing a single this week and I need to promote it in America." I sighed.

"But like... can't you promote it from England."

I shot Niall a glare.

"Niall, you know this business. You know this is not how is works."

He pulled me into a hug. "I know, I'm just going to miss you."

"Me or the sex?" I giggled.

"Haze."

"I'll miss you too."

I pecked his cheek and continued packing my things in my suitcase. Niall jumped on the bed and lied down, looking at me. We stayed silent, listening to the song playing in the background.

"When is your plane leaving?"

"After-tomorrow." I answer.

"I'll see you at the Teen's Choice Award, I guess."

"You're performing Best Song Ever?"

"You know it!" Niall laughed.

"It's really catchy, I love it." I smiled. "You're staying in LA to film the video right after?"

"Yep. You're going to sing your new single at the award show?"

"Obviously." I replied.

"You didn't even make me listen to it yet." Niall pouted.

"That's cause it's a surprise." I laughed.

"At least a small part of it? Pretty please?"

I huffed. "Fine, you child."

I cleared my throat and took a breath. I was actually kind of nervous to what he was going to say. The biggest critics you can have after yourself are people that mean the world to you and knew you better than you knew yourself. I decided to just sing the chorus, feeling that it covered the meaning of the song.

"So take me back when I believed

Back when I was unafraid just like a thief.

All the heights that I could reach

Back when I was unafraid just like a thief."

I coughed a bit at the end, feeling distraught by Niall's puzzled face. His perplexity was very soon gone and he smiled.

"That's beautiful, Haze." He said.

I smiled. "Thanks, but I don't even think I want to release that one. Some other songs on my album are so much better, but this one is more 'pop'." I laughed and shook my head. "Truth is I think it's because most of the songs are about... Harry." I sighed. "I can't believe I became that kind of artist. The kind that lets her management decide so many things for her. I used to despise it, and now I just... I guess I got tired of fighting."

"It's okay to stop fighting you know." Niall replied, holding me in a hug. "We all did."

I sniffed and realized I had started crying. I chuckled lowly and wiped the tears from my face.

"For what it's worth, I think that song is beautiful, and I think the rest of your album will be too."

"It's worth everything."