Coming Back...

Hey Guys! So I finally got another Chapter written! BIG surprise in it! I mean MAJOR shocker! To be honest I didn’t plan it but I got in a writing mood and BAM! This chapter came out. So go, read, and be prepared for a BIG surprise! Your face will go from this :) to O_o! 

-

"Oh Edmund look! It's the church we go...went to on Sundays!" Lucy squealed as they landed back in England.

Caspian was awestruck by everything in the land. How were these carriages moving without horses? How was there light without fire?

"Edmund, how is this done? It's like your torch but there are so many lights and how are the carriages moving without horses?" Caspian asked his best friend, temporarily awestruck by everything. "And WHAT am I wearing?"

"Caspian, I'll explain later. First, we should probably come up with..." Edmund was going to say names, but trailed off when a young man with dark hair and black eyes came strolling past and stopped to talk to Lucy.

"Why hullo miss. I'm James Brite. And you are?"

"I'm.... Sara. Sara Wolfesbane," Lucy said. " This is my brother John, and our cousin Benjamin Seafare."

"Well it's a pleasure miss. Say, have you seen anyone come past here? I'm looking for a miss Susan Pevensie. She and I have been going out for a while now and we have a "date" planned for tonight, if you know what I mean," James said, elbowing "John" to show what he really meant.

Edmund was disgusted by the man, as well as his sister. How could Susan have turned into well, into something he wouldn't dare say.

"Excuse me sir but there is a lady in your presence," Caspian said with his teeth clenched. This filthy pig would dare do things to defile Susan? He had only used Lucy as an excuse to get the man to stop talking. Otherwise he feared he would have injured the man severely. Which may not have been a bad idea...

"Oh right. Sorry Miss. And if things between me and Susan don't work out, well, I'll be looking for ya," James said with a smile that put Lucy on the edge.

"No you will not," Edmund said, and pulled Lucy and Caspian with him towards their old home.

"Edmund, That...That... Well he can't do that to Susan!" Lucy exclaimed once the man could no longer hear them.

"I know Lu. I know," Edmund said, hugging his visibly shaken sister to his side.

"Where do you suppose she is?" Caspian asked quietly.

"Knowing Susan, up in her room. She usually locks herself up there when she's upset or hurting... She spent three weeks up there after... after Lucy and I came back from the Dawn Treader," Edmund said, his voice becoming pained thinking of Susan like that.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" Caspian asked.

"Well, we can't just waltz on in. We don't want to shock her," Lucy stated.

"But she needs us!" Caspian argued.

"Sis, Ca-Benjamin, settle down! You're causing a scene," Edmund said, glancing quickly around him.

It was true. The shouting had caused quite a few people to come and see what was going on.

Including a familiar face.

-

"This isn't possible!" Susan's mind screamed. "It's my imagination!"

"But others see them too..."

"What?" Susan asked out loud after hearing the voice. She looked around yet there was no one close to her.

"Yes Susan, its them..."

"No no no! This is mad!" Susan argued with the voice.

Susan shook her head, trying to clear it. She couldn't deal with this now. After all, she and James had a date tonight and it would be best if she wasn't distracted.

She made her way through the small crowd trying to sneak by what she thought to be figments of her imagination.

"Susan!" Said a familiar voice. A voice she never thought she'd hear again. Suddenly, the memories of a game became memories of her life. She started to hyperventilate, and passed out, her head being caught from hitting the pavement by her very own prince.

-

"She should be okay... John was it? Well she should be okay. It seems she was shocked by something. What was she up to before fainting?" A voice said.

"Well, she hasn't seen us in quite a while. It must have been a shock since she didn't know we were coming," Edmund's voice sounded fuzzy as Susan blinked her eyes open.

“Well In her state a shock…”

"Ed?" She asked weakly, choosing this moment to interrupt.

Edmund winked at her, but said. "No Sue, its me, John. And Sara and Ben are here too."

"Oh... right. Sorry," Susan said.

"Well, she should be fine. You were lucky Ben caught you Ms. Pevensie, or you would be in a lot more trouble. Get some rest," the doctor ordered. "And make sure you eat enough for the ba-"

"Thank you sir. I'll be fine. Goodbye," Susan cut off the man, a blush covering her ashamed face.

As the doctor left the room, Edmund’s joking face became serious.

“Sue how could you do that! How can this be happening?” Edmund buried his face in his hands. “Aslan sends us here to bring you back okay and now your…” Edmund trailed of, not being able to say it.

Susan looked at her younger brother, who for some reason didn’t seem so young. “He sent you now? Ed you’ve been gone for two years!”

“Two years? You mean two weeks surely!” Edmund exclaimed.

“No I mean two years. Edmund, wait! This makes no sense! Why did that-Lion- send you now? What has he done for me? And why is… HE here? Shouldn’t he be with his wife and children?” Susan spat angrily.

“Susan… He never married. He waited for you. He never even had dated,” Edmund said quietly.

Susan drew in a breath, too shocked to speak.

“And how do you pay him back? You go off with a different guy each week and drink away your problems! And not even the nicest guys! I ran into a man named James… Tell me Susan, is it him?” Edmund started out upset but mellowed out at the end. He had placed his hand gently on his sister’s shoulder.

Susan was crying, too ashamed to tell her brother that yes, in fact, it was him.

James was the father of her unborn child.

-

“I knew that girl would get herself into something like this!” Jill scolded.

“Aslan, what does she mean two years? It’s been two weeks!” Peter exclaimed, his whole being shaken by the news about Susan.

“Dear Ones, a week here is a year there,” Aslan said. “And about the other part. As I said, Susan has been keeping me so far away I couldn’t see the fact. If I had known I would have sent Edmund, Peter, and Lucy. I would not have sent Caspian knowing what I now know.”

“But why wouldn’t you have sent him? He’s a reasonably smart lad and I don’t think he will overreact,” Diggory spoke.

“He will overeact. And it will not be pretty,” Aslan said.

"Oh my stars..." Peter said, realizing what Aslan was getting at. "He's going to go after James, isn't he?"

The only response was a solemn nod.